This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2 hoppers

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
If I have a hopper in the living room and another hopper in the bedroom can I watch any and all of my recordings on either tv?

Thanks. I'm with uverse now and am itching to switch to dish mainly for the hopper. Do you know if I can hook up an external hard drive and pull shows off my hopper onto external hard drive then hook up that hard drive to my pc and burn shows onto DVD ?

No the content of any EHD will be encrypted and can only be viewed on a compatible dish receiver that's active on your account.

Dish (especially with Hopper, but even with ViP 722) is WAYYY better than U-verse in almost every way!

If I get 2 hoppers , one in the living room and one in the master bedroom will I have double the storage space at 4tb or will it still be at 2tb ?

Double the space. However, even though the Hoppers have 2TB drives, only ~1TB is available to the user.

Thanks halo so if I have 2 hoppers I will have 2tb available as opposed to 1tb available with 1 hopper ?

Satjay, do you know roughly how much extra it cost for 2 hoppers? Is it an extra monthly fee or an extra one time fee?

Might cost you an extra hundred up front. Monthly fee will be $7, same as for a Joey.

Current Dish policy is to install at least one Joey per Hopper. Getting a 2H/0J or 2H/1J install can be a challenge. Best to try it with a local retailer.

Last edited:
As a new customer for me it was 199 for the second hopper. I have a two Hopper/one Joey system. Best to do it as a new customer. Two hoppers is the way to go. Monthly fee is the same

As a new customer for me it was 199 for the second hopper. I have a two Hopper/one Joey system. Best to do it as a new customer. Two hoppers is the way to go. Monthly fee is the same

I know that is the price bandied about for new customers, but I keep wondering if any new/returning customers are able to pull off a better deal for a 2H installation? Would a local dealer be able to do it for a bit less? Or would the odds be better dealing with Dish directly?

Prices should be the same regardless of who you go through, other than Dish has the power to wave the tech visit fee for upgrades.