2-hoppers?

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
will dish give 2 hoppers on a new account? will they give 1 hopper and a 612 or 722 on a new account. will a smart card from a 311 work in a 722?

Yes you can have a two Hopper household
No cant mix VIP and Hoppers

Not sure about the smart card question

Well there is an exception to the ViP rule for a single, purchased ViP 211/211k but other than that no ViPs allowed on Hopper accounts.

Dish definitely allows for two Hoppers and even four like I have :) .

Smart cards are "married" to their receivers and so cannot be transferred to other receivers. Not even the same model. If you are in need of a smart card you'll need to contact Dish (DIRT) to get a new one sent out to you. Do NOT buy smart cards anywhere else as they will NOT work and are most likely stolen property.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

called dish for new account and tried to get 2 hoppers for 5 tv's. they will only give me 1 hopper and charge me $99 for the 2nd one.does that seem right?

called dish for new account and tried to get 2 hoppers for 5 tv's. they will only give me 1 hopper and charge me $99 for the 2nd one.does that seem right?

$99 for the old Hopper is a good deal. HWS would cost more.

How did you do that?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I installed a sling hopper and turned off the 622 after about a week I moved it to another tv called dish and they put it back on for 17 dollars a month so I have a hopper at 10 Dvr fee plus the 622 at 17 I am happy with it I think a long as you don't have any joeys you can do that .

I installed a sling hopper and turned off the 622 after about a week I moved it to another tv called dish and they put it back on for 17 dollars a month so I have a hopper at 10 Dvr fee plus the 622 at 17 I am happy with it I think a long as you don't have any joeys you can do that .

Holy cow. I'm totally going to look into that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Dish has made no word of allowing any VIP equipment on a Hopper account other than the 211. I'm surprised the CSR activated the receiver or that his computer even allowed it.

When I installed the hopper and called in to turn off my 622 the rep said I could leave it on but I thought I would not need it after about a week it was just sitting in a box so I called them up in 5 min it was back on and my bill shows 10 dollar Dvr and 17 two tv receiver

Actually it is right. Dish will "give" you the 1st hopper, but you have to pay the nominal upgrade for the 2nd Hopper. Now, if you are dropping something like $170+ a month on Dish services, you cold probably push for the 2nd Hopper to be free of charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)