This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2 houses at same address

Shannon14k

Original poster
Jan 2, 2020
Oregon
Hello, I have been reading a ton of old threads trying to find a similar situation to mine. Most I find are about 2 houses that are far apart from each other like vacation homes and people wanting to keep 1 account.

Here is our scenario: my parents currently have dish (hopper and 2 joeys) in their house. We recently added a 2nd home (manufactured home/caretaking situation) to their property. The houses are 150-200 feet apart from each other and share the same physical street address.

What is the better route to take of what I can see are 2 options. 1) add a hopper 3 inside my parents house and use wireless joeys for the 3 tv’s inside our house. Or 2) get a tailgater set up on the new house? I know the tailgater is meant for RV’s, but could we use it on our house full time? And have 3 tv’s on it?

Or is there a different scenario someone could recommend that is better than these 2 options. I know a friend of a friend who installs dish stuff, but was wanting to be better educated on the options prior to calling him. Thanks!

At that distance, wireless probably won't work. If the Dish is on the same side of your parent's house as the new house, and it can be done, run a cable to the new house and split off 3 more Joeys, after you upgrade your parents to the Hopper 3