2 HR24's keep disconnecting from each other

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

czarqwerty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Hi everyone, I have had 2 HR24's for almost two years now. They have worked great until now. In the last few months, I have been seeing this error more and more as we try to watch a show recorded on the other DVR:
[Receiver Name] has been disconnected from your home network.
Nothing has changed with the physical setup since it was installed. I found some posts about setting a static IP address, so I tried that but it is still happening.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

I can't shed any light on your particular problem, but have you tried rebooting both dvrs? Unplug them both for about 10 minutes. Similar issues can be resolved that way, maybe it will work for yours.

I've rebooted them using the menu option but not by unplugging. I'll try that tonight.

czarqwerty said:
Yes I do.

Unhook it all from the internet and do a reset. When you're hooked up to the Internet the MRV relies on the router to provide IP addresses. By unhooking it you can see if they stay connected. If they do there is something going on with the router if they're not it sounds like maybe a deca going bad or a bad line.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll give them a try tonight and let you know what happens.

I was dealing with this on a recent service call and what seemed to fix it was replacing components inline that didn't carry higher frequencies.

I replaced two crimp connectors, and a wall plate barrel. And right after that it was great.

Before that I forced software downloads to all receivers and reset them all twice. And. They would still disconnect

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)