GEOSATpro 2 issues while recording a feed

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
So ran into 2 things today while recording a basketball game

It was a HD feed with a symbol rate of 30000 and it recorded (and played back) fine.... :)
HOWEVER after I hit record to start recording if I pushed a button it either took forever to acknowledge it or was non existent. I wanted to extend the time to 2:30 (from 2:00). So I pressed info and it came up. I pressed record again (which normally pops up the box to change the recording length). When I hit the record button it did one of the following
-wouldnt pop up at all
-would pop up the record length but you couldnt type in "02:30"
-would pop up the record length but it took 7 or 8 presses of the right arrow to move the _ over to the first 0 in :00
Then it would time out (everything disappear) and we try again...also the time out (which I have at 2 seconds) it would take 15-20 seconds to time out
If I hit record again to pop up the record length I finally (after no lie 13 or 14 times) got the 3 to work so it showed "02:30"

This happened a few weeks ago when I tried to record a football game that also had a 30000 s/r. It recorded fine but it seemed to "choke" when you pressed any button on the remote.

Also I didnt know if I would have enough on my regular drive so I plugged in my 500GB drive. Once it got done I copied it over to my "regular" drive. Even though the date is correct it put the file before anything I recorded directly on the drive and after the football game from 9/8 (but I dated it wrong so thats why it shows 8/8).
So it seems like any file transferred from another drive it puts at the top of the file list (in date order)...see pictures
1st pic is the 1st part of the list..."Current" is the file in question
2nd pic is the end of the list (from a hockey game last night)

Attachments

• PICT0068.JPG
    PICT0068.JPG
    812.2 KB · Views: 178
  • PICT0069.JPG
    PICT0069.JPG
    856.6 KB · Views: 195
Will try and duplicate.

Honestly, I had never have tried changing the record time during a high bitrate recording. This will be something new...

DVR recordings are sorted by the date the file was created or by updated if transferred or edited.

DVR recordings are sorted by the date the file was created or by updated if transferred or edited.

I dont get what you mean
In pic 1 the one that shows the date of 8/8/12 that was my screwup....I set the time wrong on the Manhattan (should have been 9/8)
But the one I copied from drive B to drive A (Drive A being the one I usually have hooked up) it sorted the file and put it 2nd on the list

So what you're saying is if you copy it from another drive it goes in date order 1st then the stuff recorded directly from the Micro?

Files that I have dropped on the drive always appear above the recordings made on the STB. I think that is what you found. If not, sorry. Maybe I am not understanding the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)