2 LNBFs on a 18" dish. How do you do it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is what I am going to do with metal hose clamps. I think they will last longer than plastic? In an earlier post I stated I could also get 91 W. It was weak tho so I am going with two dishs.

Thanks for the photo.

JonStevo said:
to get 110 and 119... For my Pansat.. This worked. But so little on them I changed it....

JonStevo, how did you get that to work without the dish having a skew? I think this would work great for someone that may want a Dish500 solution using a Dish300, another lnbf, and sw-21.

ken2400 said:
That is what I am going to do with metal hose clamps. I think they will last longer than plastic? In an earlier post I stated I could also get 91 W. It was weak tho so I am going with two dishs.

Thanks for the photo.

yes the metal hose clamps will last longer than zip ties :)

I try hard to get both 95 & 97 on the same 87cm oval disk, using 2 LNBs.

The disk points to 95, and I put 97's LNB on the right of 95's LNB (looking into the disk, from LNBs side). Two LNBs are next to each other.

I get signal on 95 (of course, because disk aims at 95 !), but not 97. Adjust 97 LNB (up, down) does not help.

Is anybody luckier than me ?

Too close together, I have not messed about that much recently with LNB, but as far as I can remember the satellites have to be at least 4 degrees apart for this to work, and because of the size of the LNB they cant be placed any closer together : (

yep.
4 degress is the closest

I put a DBS LNB next to my dish at Galaxy 10 (123) for 119 and I had to gut the cover on the Dish Network LNB

The closest thing I've seen to the KU band is the dish for my StarChoice setup. Their satellites are at 107.3 and 111.1 (3.8 degrees apart) and the LNB "eyes" are "squished" to get it to work

The DirecPC dish I have for 99/101, the 101 "eye" looks like a pencil point.
look at the picture below..the dish with all the LNB's...at the far left you see what looks like a pencil tip sticking out. That's the 2 degree separation (KU band and DBS band). I dont know if 2 KU band could bethat close due to the power :)

attachment.php

Bad luck !

Is that the "pencil" LNB 101, and the tall, rectangular LNB next to it is 99 ? I never see any LNB with this kind of shape.

So there is no way I can get both 95 & 97 with 1 disk ? Is there anything like "wide-angle" LNB allow to get both birds ?

I hate to install 2 such big disks. If disks are small like 20", or 25", I don't mind. But these birds seems require at least 30" disk to work.

You can only get two satellites on the one dish if they are at least 4 degrees apart, so for the two above satellites you will need a second dish and LNBF or a motor (if you have a DiSeqC 1.2 receiver)

xrf1 said:
Bad luck !

Is that the "pencil" LNB 101, and the tall, rectangular LNB next to it is 99 ? I never see any LNB with this kind of shape.

If I had it setup for DirecPC, yes. The rectangle one would be for 99 and the pencil is for 101

I use the KU band (rectangle) for Galaxy 3C (95). The pencil one is dead.

Damn, sorry I missed this thread. I guess that in So Cal
it dont make that much difference. I had a Dish 500 for
a while, but this guy forced money into my hand, so guess???

The other (pictured) was early testing, and as noted is long
gone. My rotor and 76cm is sorta working out.. Just need
more "play time"....

Stargazer said:
JonStevo, how did you get that to work without the dish having a skew? I think this would work great for someone that may want a Dish500 solution using a Dish300, another lnbf, and sw-21.

2 DSS LNBF bracket

This is what we sell.
http://www.dmsiusa.com/2_dss_lnbf.htm

Our ASC-DSS LNBF (Circular DSS) and ASC322 (linear FSS) both use the DSS housing with rectangular mounting, and both have a 40mm throat.

Pictures will also give you "do it yourselfers" some ideas.
Cool thing about our bracket (or one you make like it), it allows for adjustment in all directions. (up and down by allowing the clamps to rotate on the LNBF throat) You can milk ALL the signal out of your dish.

Hope this helps.

Note: we sell only through dealers. Check with your friendly DMS dealer.

Two ways. One way is to mount the second LNBF to the side and down or up a few inches. The second is to mount the Second LNBF next to the main one in line with it and tilt the dish so how. I tilt my dishs by mounting them on a slab of wood and then putting a wedge under it to tlt the dish.

Do note this works but gives less signal than a 20" dish 500 dish. Point the main LNBF at one of the sats and try to get the other sat.

Good luck~

Stargazer said:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)