2 More Noob questions, Sirius and PPV

rshapiro6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
OK, 1st thing is why do the Sirius stations look different on the 522 than the 811? The 811's show white text on a plain black screen. The 522 however, shows a nicely formatted blue background behind the text. I would think that the satellite would be sending down this info, and it's not being built by the receiver, but can someone just explain?

Also, I already signed up my first club dish referral and i'm looking forward to some free PPV movies. My 811's are not plugged into phone lines, how exactly does the PPV work? How will they know what i've purchased?

Thanks!

(Oh, and CBS-HD is working on all 811's after I called, thanks for your help with that)

It's the receiver that generates the text and menu. The 522 uses a different operating system than the 811

You can't purchase PPVs on a receiver unless a phone line is hooked up. So you'd either have to order online or by phone and it will cost you an extra $1. It will be much easier to hook up the receiver to the phone line (if you can do it) Then the ppv charge will be recorded by the receiver and when your charges build up to a certain amount, the receiver will call a dish server and report the charges.

not true you can order ppv on a rec that has no phone line connected and if you order the ppv on 2 rec you will not charged for the ppv twice cause each ppv has a event id and the system see that the event id is the same and will get rid of one of them trust me i work for them

Zak
Next time..USE SOME PUNCTUATION!! It helps out :)

if the receiver is not hooked into the phone line, you CANNOT order PPV. Been there, tried that :)
If I want a PPV, I have to call in.

I used the ClubDish coupons to order one via phone (no landline to attach to rcvr). Basically they charge you the $4.95 fee, then credit you the $3.95 from the coupon. You just have to pay the $1 extra fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)