2 motorized dishes on coax

Status
Please reply by conversation.
nope

unless you are using a DiseQc switch and 2 motors it might work, but you still have 2 lines somewhere :)

Also, if you switch ports, the motor doesnt run unless you "channel up, channel down"

How about the opposite: two RG-6 wires to one motorized dish so that two receivers can control the motor ??
I think I know the answer already :)

Iceberg said:
nope

unless you are using a DiseQc switch and 2 motors it might work, but you still have 2 lines somewhere :)

Also, if you switch ports, the motor doesnt run unless you "channel up, channel down"
Kind of digging up an old thread here, but will the same be true with a 22k switch switching between motors? I'd assume yes but it's worth asking :).

Thanks,

Ok - I may give it shot. I guess even if I have to channel up/down it isn't too big of a deal.

Until I can talk myself into some spendy LNBs for the mesh I think I'll use it for C-band sats and keep the SG-2100 around with a QPF-031 on the P*. No matter how I hook it all up I'm going to need to involve a 22k switch or two in there some place. This will be especially true when I fire up the C/Ku feedhorn on the mesh.

I guess I'm looking at either a DiSEqC or a 22k out at each dish to switch LNBs.

Maybe this is why Invacom made ther QPH / QPF a standard LNB...

Thanks Again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)