2 new MLB Hall of Famers

When I first followed baseball in the 1960s, it was a tradition to not vote for a player in his first year eligible unless he was clearly an all-time great. I don't know when that changed.

Some writers will not vote for a player the first time on principle, because they don't think there should be any unanimous hall of famers.

Sandra

Larkin didn't play (at least a good part of the time) against those you mentioned, he came up about 7 years later than Trammel and Ripkin and Smith.

Yes...he did, but those guys were already established as the measuring stick to everyone else. I think Larkin was the best shortstop in the NL and one of the main reason he was not getting as much love in the NL was because of the popularity of Ozzie Smith. I think those final years of Ozzie Smith winning the gold glove was more deserving to Barry Larkin...but that is just me.

Yes...he did, but those guys were already established as the measuring stick to everyone else. I think Larkin was the best shortstop in the NL and one of the main reason he was not getting as much love in the NL was because of the popularity of Ozzie Smith. I think those final years of Ozzie Smith winning the gold glove was more deserving to Barry Larkin...but that is just me.

Thats not just you, I felt that way when it was happening as well.

LOTS of Gold Gloves don't get to the deserving people because of the POPULAR guy ahead of him.

Alan Trammel was the same way, I don't think he ever won a Gold Glove, but definately deserved a few of them at least.

Alan Tramell should be also hopefully getting into the hall one day himself. He played during the same time as Cal Ripken and maybe since he was not as popular as ozzie smith he gets passed over maybe if he would have added some backflips to his game he was gather a few more votes

Alan Tramell should be also hopefully getting into the hall one day himself. He played during the same time as Cal Ripken and maybe since he was not as popular as ozzie smith he gets passed over maybe if he would have added some backflips to his game he was gather a few more votes

Sadly, it could take many more years if ever for Tram, he got 22% of the votes this your I think, never gonna make it if this is the case.

Hmm ... I was hoping Lee Smith would get in, but it doesn't look good (stuck at 45% for a while now). I'm surprised Jeff Bagwell got as few votes as he did (41.7%). And I hope Craig Biggio has to wait a while to get in, great guy but the least impressive 3000 hit career I've seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)