Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
1) I know that the rptv with 9"crt are supposed to give you the best possible picture quality. However in doing a search for one it looks as if no mfg is still making them is this true? If you know of any please let me know.

2) The other type i was looking at was a lcos display however I dont know to much about them, how long they last, how easy they are to get calibrated properly, etc. If anyone has any expericence with lcos displays please post good and bad.

thanks

The rear projection crt sets are still available. They are the cheapest sets around now. Saw an ad for a 52" RCA yesterday for 850.00. Think it was Best Buy. I have had this technology, and it is fine except for having to "converge" from time to time. I now have a JVC HD-ILA (lcos) set for my main unit. It has the best HD picture that I have ever seen. I can say this because I also have DLP and LCD sets at the present time. And I have NEVER calibrated any of them. Never saw the need to do so. Hope this helps you some.

FAYRICH said:
i have a JVC HD-ILA (lcos) set for my main unit. It has the best HD picture that I have ever seen. I can say this because I also have DLP and LCD sets at the present time. And I have NEVER calibrated any of them. Never saw the need to do so. Hope this helps you some.

Which model JVC HD-ILA do you have if I may ask? I was thinking in getting either the 52G786 or the HD61Z886.

pro96 said:
Which model JVC HD-ILA do you have if I may ask? I was thinking in getting either the 52G786 or the HD61Z886.
It is model #HD-52Z575. Purchased about a year ago. The new sets now have an OTA digital tuner built in and cable card slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)