Status
Please reply by conversation.

ParaclipseCKu

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Florida Space Coast
Trying to get a feel for the preferred way to use 2 receivers with 1 dish without looping the signal through one of the receivers.

Thanks for any and all input!

Dual output LNBF (add a multiswitch for even more receivers)
Bandstacked LNBF (minimizes cable requirements -total length) Many times called "one cable solution"
Those are the first solutions that come to mind.

Iceberg, I knew I forgot something important! Currently using a single output PLL lnb on the Ku dish. Also only running one cable from this particular dish.

FaT Air, Thanks for the input. Forgot about a Bandstacked LNBF! Also trying to keep this to 1 cable for more reasons than anyone would want to read about!

Iceberg, I knew I forgot something important! Currently using a single output PLL lnb on the Ku dish. Also only running one cable from this particular dish.

If you want only one cable then go with a bandstakced LNB and a satellite grade splitter. Only thing is you will have to rescan the satellite(s) as the LNB LO usually will be different

I share a 10' C/Ku dish and the motor control between two receivers with a diode steering power passing splitter. The downside is you can only use one at a time. But that works fine for my uses.

Thanks for the info. The satellite farm here is much bigger than the 1 dish but I figured for simplicity it would be easier not to fact in the other dishes to my question. I'll have to look into the splitter. I knew there would be a few different ways to integrate this into the system!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)