2 recievers, only 1 OTA reception

kito2112

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I had my install done on Tuesday the 16th. I have 2 recievers, one in the bedroom analog TV, one on the living room DTV. The bedroom TV recieves all VOOM programming and the local OTA channels just fine.

The DTV in the living room seems to have the OTA mapping correct on the PG, but when I try to recieve the channel, nada.

The installer left (well, I let him go) after trying several factory resets the day of the install.

Should I try another FR, or should I try swapping boxes from room to room?

If the TV in the bedroom is analog, it won't be picking up any digital channels anyway. Are you using a straight UHF antenna, or is it a combo UHF/VHF?

Lob

kito2112,

Welcome. Maybe you should trace how the OTA was connected to your second TV. Is there a splitter in use that splits the OTA signal or are there two separate antennas? Do not try the FR since it's only good if you cannot see your mapping which you obviously can see. I think there's got to be some loose connection somewhere.

Lobstah said:
If the TV in the bedroom is analog, it won't be picking up any digital channels anyway. Are you using a straight UHF antenna, or is it a combo UHF/VHF?

Lob

If he puts it in 480i resolution, it should display in SD TV... Won't it?

Sean Mota said:
If he puts it in 480i resolution, it should display in SD TV... Won't it?
Composite video and Svideo do not support 720p nor 1080i. When the box is set at 1080i or 720p, if you connect a SD TV to the composite or Svideo connectors, it should work since they will always transmit at 480i.

I had the exact same problem. To fix it, I just got rid of the diplexer and plugged my silver sensor antenna into the 8vsb port. That receiver has worked perfectly and has not had to be reset once since my installation last monday. When I called Voom technical support they said the problem was the splitter and a powered splitter would fix it. I had the extra antenna lying around so I didn't bother with their fix.

My main receiver is another story. That one loses the satellite signal at least once every day and needs to be rebooted. I can only conclude that the diplexer does not work very well and I'm having them come out and give me a straight line from the antenna to my receiver.

OK, problem fixed. Thanks to all on the site for the information within.

I did a FR on the box not getting OTA, all my channels then went to the weird numbers on the PG 0-4, etc. Previously, the channels displayed their correct numbers on the PG. Then the box locked up. I unplugged it, it booted up and all of my OTA channels were there! I think the installer wasn't having luck with the FR because the channels weren't mapped ccorrectly yet?? Dunno, but it's working now.

The bedroom TV just has an RF input, and yes, it recieves all VOOM programming. Actually, the picture in there is quite good.

Thanks all for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)