2 room setup

xterra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
iceland
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but just wondering whats the cheapest way to get a 2 room hd dvr setup. Right now I have a vip 622dvr dual tuner. I want to have hd dvr in both rooms. Looking like two 612 receivers is the way to go. Do I have to pay dvr fee for both receivers? Dish is so confusing.
America's Top 200
$59.99
HD 200
$10.00
DVR Service
$6.00
Protection Plan
$6.00
Monthly Charges
$81.99

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but just wondering whats the cheapest way to get a 2 room hd dvr setup. Right now I have a vip 622dvr dual tuner. I want to have hd dvr in both rooms. Looking like two 612 receivers is the way to go. Do I have to pay dvr fee for both receivers? Dish is so confusing.
There is only one DVR fee per account and the second 612 will be a $10.00 a month charge. you could go with a 211 receiver and add an EHD. The 211 would be $7.00 a month and a one time $40.00 fee to activate the DVR functions.

xterra said:

1 hopper and 1 Joey would be a much better setup. You would get HD in both rooms and it's a whole home setup meaning you can watch any recording in either room or pause in one room and resume in the other. I'm not sure about the price difference between that and two 612s but I think the hopper Joey setup is actually cheaper.

There is only one DVR fee per account and the second 612 will be a $10.00 a month charge. you could go with a 211 receiver and add an EHD. The 211 would be $7.00 a month and a one time $40.00 fee to activate the DVR functions.

How much would 1 hopper/ 1 joey cost? I've been out of contract for 4 years? Is that something I can sign a 2 year contract and get for free?

You would need to PM me your account or phone number so i can look into the cost. The best existing customer offer for the Hopper & 1 Joey would be a $100.00 upgrade fee, tech fee (amount can vary), you would be charged $7.00 a month for the Joey and an additional $4.00 a month for the Whole Home DVR Enhancement Fee. I will be able to give you more specific information. All upgrades do require a 24 month agreement and credit card authorization only for $1.00.
Also I would look into HD Free for life as that will save you $10.00 a month/$120.00 a year!

xterra said:
How much would 1 hopper/ 1 joey cost? I've been out of contract for 4 years? Is that something I can sign a 2 year contract and get for free?

The hopper would be included. The Joey is $7 and the whole home fee is $4 so for $11 per month you could get a much better system. I think my prices are right but you should have Mary verify. One catch is that the hopper will probably cost you $100 up front. I don't know how much a 612 costs.

maryb@Dish Network said:
You would need to PM me your account or phone number so i can look into the cost. The best existing customer offer for the Hopper & 1 Joey would be a $100.00 upgrade fee, tech fee (amount can vary), you would be charged $7.00 a month for the Joey and an additional $4.00 a month for the Whole Home DVR Enhancement Fee. I will be able to give you more specific information. All upgrades do require a 24 month agreement and credit card authorization only for $1.00.
Also I would look into HD Free for life as that will save you $10.00 a month/$120.00 a year!

And she beat me to the punch. I would let her take care of it from here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)