2 satellites locations from one 10' dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbrown1357

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Wichita Falls, Texas
we have a low power tv station at my church and we have three dishes now for 4 feeds (spirit on Amc 3 , Family net on IA13 ,and Worship & Faith on Amc1) Faith is moving to G3c next month.is it possible to pickup 2 satellites from 1 10' dish?
either Amc3/G3c or G3c/Amc1 on one dish? there is 8deg between these 3 satillites. or am i needing another dish setup?

thanks scotty

multi feed 10 foot

It is possible to have multifeeds on a 10 foot round dish BUT, there is a signal penalty the furthur your feeds have to be off axis of the focal point.

just guessing i would not imagine you could get any more than 10 degrees apart.
This could work as long as you had your lnbf's properly peaked and the satellite being received off axis is strong enough. Of course this will never work as well as a dedicated dish or a dish that is moveable that will focus right on.

I had a 7.5' sami mesh dish that i could get G-10R and satmex 5 c- band at the same time with a homemade metal bracket using c band lnbf's. I got strong signals from both.

My dish was pointed dead onto to G10R @ 123 W and Satmex was off axis at 116.8 W. Good signal quality on digitals.

If i tried to spread the azimuth anymore than that the gain hit the basement.

Hope this helps a little. :) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts