2 separate antenas 119,110 connect dp625

nickico2

Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Newbi

I have dp 625 reciever and two dp311 recievers

I further have two separate satellites inputs one pointed at sat 110 and the other at sat 119

I need the right switch configuration to connect the above

I currently have the following equipment that I cannot seem to make them work together in any type of configuration

Two dp dual lnb ( Dish Pro) ( not sure if they are twin or dual 2 /75 out)
Either / Or
Two legacy dual lnb (2/75 out)
A dp 34 switch
A Dish separator (two sat in)

What switch do I need to purchase make a workable configuration (preferably the lowest signal loss to receivers)

Thanks
Nickico

You need to find out what you have, Legacy LNBs or Dish Pro LNBs. You can't use the separator, so just remove it from the equation. Any reason why you're using two dishes? If you're in the continental USA you can just use one dish but if you're in PR, Alaska, or Hawaii then yeah you need the bigger dishes.

For Dish Pro:

One run from 119 and one run from 110 to the DP34 switch. One output run to each 311 receiver and two output runs to the 625. Just make sure they're DP LNBs.

Edit: I didn't see the 625, I thought you had just two 311s.

Randalla

Thanks
I have both type and can use either or depending on which configuration i use because i must use two separate antenas for 110 and 110 due to location and a very weak signal

Also the dp 34 seems to be expecting signal from a dual signal lnb antenna ie combined 110 and 119 it doesn't seem to work if i plug the down leads from two separate antenna feeds

Yes i am trying to feed the dp625 and two dp311 units

:welcome to the fourm.

Just so you can be well informed, a "Dual" has one "eye" and a "Twin" has two.

Having said that, any LNBFs used with a DP34 switch must be "DishPro".

The seperator that came with your 625 is of no use with a DP34 switch. Instead, two cables from two receiver outputs on the DP34 will need to be run to your 625, one for each tuner.

You are correct that 110/119 are not combined in one cable from any LNBF when connected to an external switch. ( I think that is what you are saying).

Anyhow, one cable from each DishPro Dual LNBF equipped dish to the DP34 and TWO cables from the DP34 receiver outputs to the 625 dual tuner (no seperator) and one cable each for the 311s should do the trick. As always, a switch test is imperative.

Not positve if it works should one or both of your dishes have a Twin LNBF but I think it would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)