2 UHF remotes on a 322?

coozieman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Tonawanda NY
I have (2) UHF remotes that I would like to use on my 322. Is this possible and if so how do I go about setting it up?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Yes you can do it. All you have to do is goto the system info screen. Menu 6-1-3 will get you there. Look at the tv2 remote address code. THen on the second remote Hold Down the SAT button untill they all light up. Type in the number displayed 1=01 then hit the # button.

If you want the tv1 to be UHF and not 2 remotes for tv2, you have to do things a bit different.

If you want the tv1 to be UHF and not 2 remotes for tv2, you have to do things a bit different.

That is exactly what I want. I have two 6.3 "TV2" remotes. I flipped the key over so the black "UHF" side is showing, but it will only control TV1 in IR mode.

If your 322 is anything like my 625, then you should realize that the TV2 UHF/IR remote is either/or. Mine (one came with the 625 and I bought 2 more) are UHF/Pro 6.0 remotes. The switch activated by the reversible 1/2 key either turns on IR and turns off UHF, or the reverse. Both remotes and the receiver are set to remote channel 1. So, you cannot turn on the TV1 UHF mode without simultaneously changing channels, because you would have two remotes trying to operate two tuners via UHF camping on the same channel. My 625 wouldn't let me.

It took a bit of fumbling around with multiple remotes, but eventually I got my spare TV2 UHF remote set to both UHF (via the channel 2 key) and UHF channel 2, and the TV1 tuner set up the same way. My original TV2 remote remained at UHF channel 1. The only problem with this setup is that it's the opposite way that I intended, plus both remotes show a "2" and thus cannot be visually distinguished from one another.

I don't know what the problem is with a 6.3 universal remote; that should work. And with 3 colored keys offering 6 choices, and 4 switch positions under that key, it should allow you to set up anything and still distinguish between your remotes.

The problem is this. The 322/522/625 only accept one UHF Pro Frequency. Therefore, the TV1 and TV2 keys for the 322/522/625 all make it the same frequency. If the remotes are on the same address in UHF Pro mode, you will control both tuners, so I believe they make sure you are in different addresses. The 6.3 is an all in one replacement. You will notice there is two different TV1 UHF Pro keys... one with a green #1, another with a black #1. For the 322/522/625 you need the green #1, not the green key with the black #1, as this is for the 942/622/722/222 flavors. They didn't make it easy with all these keys, that's for sure.

You have to enable UHF pro for tv1. To do this you go into the menu the system setup. You will find an option for UHF Pro. Enable the UHF pro on tv1 then you have the option to goto system info from that screen.

Go in to system info and move up to the remote channel number on tv1 using the original IR remote. Once you have it highlighted use the new UHF remote and hold down the SAT button untill they all light up. Type in a different number from the tv2 remote code (if tv2 is 1 then use something like 03) then hit the # button.

You should see the remote code for tv1 change to the new number you just put in. You should also see the remote change from IR to IR/UHF Pro.

You have to enable UHF pro for tv1. To do this you go into the menu the system setup. You will find an option for UHF Pro. Enable the UHF pro on tv1 then you have the option to goto system info from that screen.

The option you mention doesn't exist.

menu: 6-1-8
click 'enable',then go to 'system info'
when that comes up highlight 'Rem Addr' in the TV-1 box (I). Make sure the remote address is different from the other TV-2 remote control and press the 'record' button on the new remote.

menu: 6-1-8
click 'enable',then go to 'system info'
when that comes up highlight 'Rem Addr' in the TV-1 box (I). Make sure the remote address is different from the other TV-2 remote control and press the 'record' button on the new remote.

There is no 'enable' on the DishCOMM Setup screen. Like I said, the menu option you suggest doesn't exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)