DISHcomm on vip222

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2006
Does anyone know if the Dishcomm is active on the vip222? Not talking about the Ethernet port, but the feature that allows the two talk to each other via the power lines.

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Funny thing. I didn't get to install the 222. This was a DISH referral job for an RV customer who is snowbirding down here. He got a 722/222 because his home that he will be doing a DISHmover to in Spring has HDTVs. So, I installed a 1000.2 on a tripod and hooked a 722 to a single SDTV. The 222 will be physically installed when he does his DISHmover when he goes back home.

The avatar is from a Donald Zolan painting. We have them all over our home, my wife loves them. You can check out his artwork at Pemberton & Oakes, Ltd. - Home Page

richiephx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Doesn't the 211 have the dishcom feature too? I was going to ask the same question because I want to add another 211 receiver in my house but there is only one phone line hooked into my existing 211 receiver; there is no phone line in the room that I want to add the new receiver. Is this a problem, or will the receivers somehow communicate with each other?

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It would be irrelevant for the 211 since hooking a phone line to it won't save you any money. Physical secondary boxes have an additional outlet fee, whereas dual-tuner receivers can have the fee associated with their second output waived for connecting to phone line.

However, if you had a 722 that wasn't connected to a phone but had a 211 connected to phone, then you could save the charge for the 722's second TV output. In theory, anyway, as I believe the 211 doesn't have DishComm active yet either.

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
Doesn't the 211 have the dishcom feature too? I was going to ask the same question because I want to add another 211 receiver in my house but there is only one phone line hooked into my existing 211 receiver; there is no phone line in the room that I want to add the new receiver. Is this a problem, or will the receivers somehow communicate with each other?

I have both the 211 and 222. Both of them do not have the dishcom feature enabled. The reps say only the dvr's have the feature enabled at this time. I wish they would work on getting the 211 and 222 to talk to the dvr's, so I could watch the dvr programming from each of these boxes in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)