2 Weeks and I'm done with Voom.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Voom to survive also. I want them to drive Direct and Dish to a level it drives Voom out of the business.I agree that the guarantee is until April 30th. If I were you, I would convert to monthly now.
Don't get me wrong. Competing HD providers will make it better for everyone. I just don't care for the lack of good customer service and terrible installation headaches.

I want them to drive Direct and Dish to a level it drives Voom out of the business.

Whats wrong with some viable competition that may actually go a ways towards controling monthly fees and just maybe create some subscription fee wars. I guess I just don't get this attitude that it's important for V* to get D* and E*motivated for offering more HD content but after that V* should/deserves to go out of business.

I just don't care for the lack of good customer service and terrible installation headaches

From what I've read here, the majority of people have reported great customer service. If you want to just focus in on the bad and make a judgement from there, then your not being fair.
The installers are the same ones that come to your residence and install D* and E*....no difference except for maybe familarity of a particular system.

The funny thing about having an opinion is that it should be based on experience. Which I have done. I can not tolerate bad service by saying something like "The CSR's are swamped with new activations." They are not. The company can not deliver a receiver to the installer on time. The installer the company has chosen is second rate. They treat installs with the phrase "When we get to it." Do I blame the installer? NO! I blame the employer. I called Voom for correction of this problem. They refused.
I ask you now. What percentage of bad install experiences to good is acceptable to you? 10, 15, 20 or what?
Look at this forum. I am not alone.
If anyone at Voom reads this, Contact me. Show me why I am wrong. When I called to finally cancel, you guys could not have cared less.
The bad part of it all. I install sytems for their competition. I would gladly install this myself but alas the answer is again NO!
If my install would have gone correctly, I would have been a customer for 2 weeks now.
I have Direct for my service now.I am not saying its better. I want to be treated with respect and that's who gets my money!

1 more thing off topic. I hate Comcast for surcharging my cable modem service because I don't want their tv service.When DSL comes -Bye, Bye Comcast.

zaxxon2000,

point well taken but for the same reason you stated I would not have D*, E*, or V* in my case. As each messed up in my installation and did not meet my expectations of customer satisfaction. Now, I think, can I turn a blind eye and have the installation done or should I just give up and have no TV programmin at all.

In your case, you can do the installation. In my case, I prefer someone to do it for me (maybe I am lazy). If you take a poll in this forum or any forum, you will find similar complaints for both E* and D*. nobody wins in this topic. I think this has gone lone enough without resolution. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)