2 Whole Home Systems on same ethernet network issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

babock

Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
los angeles
I have 2 HR24 DVRs on a home network. I am using the DIRECTV CINEMA Connection Kit DECA to connect internet to it.

I have a renter in my house next door who shares my internet wirelessly.

All was fine and dandy until a week ago, My neighbor picked up an HR44. I actually didn't realize he had bought this until last night. I came home and saw 50 shows that I had not programmed so I deleted them. They show as partial recordings and cannot be played. I also noticed some of my shows weren't there. It wasn't until I looked at my router that I saw a few new DVRs on my IP connect list that light bulbs started going off in my head. That is when I found out they had connected to the internet with their new DVR. They of course were not too happy that a years worth of shows weren't there anymore.

My question is can we isolate being able to see each others DVRs?

Last edited:
Sure. IIRC, band stop filters should do the trick.

Even if the only common thing we have is that we are on the same ethernet network? We don't share coax between our receivers.

Good point! Can the router be configured to separate the two?

You can do this a few ways but realistically the easiest is to put him on a different subnet. There are a few ways that can be done one is below.

Aridon,

Thank you very much. I will try this. They connect to a wireless APN and I think I can enable DHCP on it. I will check.

Just to rule it out, are you sharing the physical dish or do you have two isolated dishes and only share internet.

I find it odd that ethernet would be showing the other's programming, this sounds more like they are on the same SWM network, in which case the BSF is the solution.

Just to rule it out, are you sharing the physical dish or do you have two isolated dishes and only share internet.

I find it odd that ethernet would be showing the other's programming, this sounds more like they are on the same SWM network, in which case the BSF is the solution.

This makes more sense if it's describing whats happening.

2 isolated dishes.

I am going to put one on a separate subnet with another router.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)