2 Year Commitment question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrhut

Original poster
May 1, 2009
Missouri
Dumb question.... how is the easiest way to find out if you are still under a 2 year commitment? I had a misbehaving 722 about a year ago switched out for a 722k. Not sure if it put me under a new commitment. I have found no where that it stated it did or did not. I prefer not to call in if there is a place on my bills that show the information. I emailed dish and asked for the information and 3 weeks later there has been no response. I think it would be nice have this information. I am probably missing something that is staring me right in the face.

Thanks Scott,

That is good to know. However I have been a dish customer for well over 10 years and have had the commitment extended several times during that time. My problem is I don't have any idea when the last time might have been. I probably should have kept better records but unfortunately I have not been good at that. Some time ago I had an old 301 receiver changed out for a 222k and don't even know how long ago that was. It was done under the dishing it up thing. The main thing I want to know is am I under a commitment to dish and if so when will the commitment end. It should not be hard to find out. I see people on here all the time saying how much time they have left and I realized that I was not able to figure out my status.

I want to say that I appreciate all the questions you have answered here in the past. I read this forum daily and all the posters are a big help.

Have you tried setting up an account on dishnetwork.com? You maybe be able to see your status.

If you signed up through a retailer they can tell you about your account.

To follow up on this I went to dishnetwork.com and got my answer through chatting with a csr. I had to jump through hoops to verify my identity but all is well now. I now have a date that I am free of the commitment and have it posted on my desk for future reference.

Thanks Scott and Scherrman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)