2 Year Commitment question

jrhut

Original poster
May 1, 2009
Missouri
Dumb question.... how is the easiest way to find out if you are still under a 2 year commitment? I had a misbehaving 722 about a year ago switched out for a 722k. Not sure if it put me under a new commitment. I have found no where that it stated it did or did not. I prefer not to call in if there is a place on my bills that show the information. I emailed dish and asked for the information and 3 weeks later there has been no response. I think it would be nice have this information. I am probably missing something that is staring me right in the face.

Thanks Scott,

That is good to know. However I have been a dish customer for well over 10 years and have had the commitment extended several times during that time. My problem is I don't have any idea when the last time might have been. I probably should have kept better records but unfortunately I have not been good at that. Some time ago I had an old 301 receiver changed out for a 222k and don't even know how long ago that was. It was done under the dishing it up thing. The main thing I want to know is am I under a commitment to dish and if so when will the commitment end. It should not be hard to find out. I see people on here all the time saying how much time they have left and I realized that I was not able to figure out my status.

I want to say that I appreciate all the questions you have answered here in the past. I read this forum daily and all the posters are a big help.

Have you tried setting up an account on dishnetwork.com? You maybe be able to see your status.

If you signed up through a retailer they can tell you about your account.

To follow up on this I went to dishnetwork.com and got my answer through chatting with a csr. I had to jump through hoops to verify my identity but all is well now. I now have a date that I am free of the commitment and have it posted on my desk for future reference.

Thanks Scott and Scherrman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)