20.4 in Ct

sp818a

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 6, 2012
I see there is a channel 20.4 here in ct,anybody know if it will be filled with a subchannel?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
Enfield is about the top of the middle of CT, I think? Is it channel 20 out of Waterbury that you're asking about? That's the one I receive here.

Are you picking up 20.4 on your TV , or do you see it listed somewhere online?

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I see there is a channel 20.4 here in ct,anybody know if it will be filled with a subchannel?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Actually seeing the channel or it is listed somewhere? If listed could you have seen 24.4 that existed at one time? I can't rescan to check if I see it at the moment.
Honestly it would not be so good if they did add yet another sub channel, PBS dropped one of theirs because of signal degradation.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
Huh, that's odd. I did a rescan with my Panasonic and didn't pick it up. The tuner in the Panasonic isn't the best though.

Just tried a scan with my Sanyo TV and that didn't pick it up either, so I don't know what's up with the 20.4 you're picking up.

I'm way up in the very northeastern tip of CT (Danielson) , 50 miles and 2 edge from the Waterbury transmitter with 88% signal.

It does look like there's a bit of tropospheric ducting going on here, 9 and 5 are coming in perfect here tonight, usually they're a no show. Maybe it's got something to do with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)