2004 Academy of Digital Television Pioneers (DTV Academy) Awards

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
I thought you "Voomers" would get a kick out of this that DirecTV won for the best HD satellite service.
Gee, I wonder where the money comes from, worse then politics. :rolleyes:

DTV Pioneers Awarded by CEA
Posted by Admin on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 04:44 pm:
CEA CONGRATULATES 2004 ACADEMY OF DIGITAL TELEVISION PIONEERS AWARD RECIPIENTS

Winners in 10 Categories Announced Today During CEA's 2005 HDTV Summit

Arlington, Virginia 3/15/2005 -- The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) congratulated recipients of the 2004 Academy of Digital Television Pioneers (DTV Academy) Awards that were announced during CEA's tenth-annual HDTV Summit: The Analog Cut-off: What will it take? What are the opportunities?, which is being held today at the Washington D.C. Convention Center.

The awards, presented during a special luncheon honoring the DTV Academy, recognized achievements made throughout 2004 in ten categories:

Best DTV Over the Air Network - CBS
Best DTV Cable System - Comcast
Best DTV Cable or Satellite Service- DirecTV
Best DTV Satellite Programmer - ESPN
Best DTV Sporting Event - CBS Super Bowl XXVIII
Best Original DTV Material - CBS for CSI and ESPN's HD Sport Center (two-way tie)
Best DTV Journalism - HDTV Insider Best Industry DTV Leadership - Mr. Peter Fannon, Panasonic Corporation of North America
Best Government DTV Leadership - The Honorable John McCain, United States Senate
Best Retail DTV Leadership - Best Buy

The annual DTV Awards are independently voted on and bestowed by the DTV Academy - a select group of 203 individuals who have played a significant role in the decade-long effort to make digital television a reality for consumers. The DTV Academy represents excellence in all aspects of digital content development and delivery, analog-to-digital transition leadership and the manufacture of high-definition television (DTV)products. More than half of the 203 DTV Academy members are individuals outside the consumer electronics industry.

"The DTV Academy award winners and nominees should be proud of all of their achievements and contributions in the world of high definition television," said CEA President and CEO Gary Shapiro. "As the transition to digital television draws to an end, the innovations and accomplishments of the members of the DTV Academy become even more real. It is an honor each year to present awards recognizing the most recent achievements on the road to DTV."

For more information on the HDTV Summit and the Academy of Digital Television Pioneers, visit www.CE.org/hdtvsummit or www.CE.org/dtvacademy.

About CEA:
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the consumer technology industry through technology policy, events, research, promotion and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA represents more than 2,000 corporate members involved in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and integration of audio, video, mobile electronics, wireless and landline communications, information technology, home networking, multimedia and accessory products, as well as related services that are sold through consumer channels. Combined, CEA's members account for more than $121 billion in annual sales. CEA's resources are available online at www.CE.org, the definitive source for information about the consumer electronics industry.

CEA also sponsors and manages the International CES - Defining Tomorrow's Technology. All profits from CES are reinvested into industry services, including technical training and education, industry promotion, engineering standards development, market research and legislative advocacy.

http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/127247.html

Here were the nominees:
The 2004 DTV Academy Award nominees are:

Best DTV Over the Air Network: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and WB Network

Best DTV Cable System: Comcast, Cox and Time Warner

Best DTV Cable or Satellite Service: DirecTV, Dish Network/Echostar, Time Warner and VOOM

Best DTV Satellite Programmer: DirecTV, Discovery, Echostar, ESPN, HDNet, HBO and VOOM

Gee, I wonder where the money comes from?

Overview

The Academy honors excellence in all aspects of digital television content development, content delivery and DTV transition leadership through an annual awards program. Through a variety of award categories, Academy members recognize outstanding achievements in bringing high-definition television (HDTV) to consumers.

Well it says Digital TV not HDTV. Having millions of customers using their DIGITAL programming, I would actually be suprised it was not them or DISH. I would vote for Dish though.

BTW, I'm a VOOMER :)

agi said:
Well it says Digital TV not HDTV. Having millions of customers using their DIGITAL programming, I would actually be suprised it was not them or DISH. I would vote for Dish though.

BTW, I'm a VOOMER :)

It said DTV but if you go to their site, you will see it was about HDTV, and this was held at the HDTV summit.

Here:
Overview

The Academy honors excellence in all aspects of digital television content development, content delivery and DTV transition leadership through an annual awards program. Through a variety of award categories, Academy members recognize outstanding achievements in bringing high-definition television (HDTV) to consumers.

Money Talks.

For their Best DTV awards, CEA considers many other factors beyond just HDTV. So, the fact that the Number One DTV provider gets the Best DTV Provider award is not a major surprise.

Having said that, it is still frustrating that VOOM was not recognized by HDTV Summit one way or another. All business concerns aside, VOOM is the best thing that happened to HDTV in years...

Ilya said:
For their Best DTV awards, CEA considers many other factors beyond just HDTV. So, the fact that the Number One DTV provider gets the Best DTV Provider award is not a major surprise.

Having said that, it is still frustrating that VOOM was not recognized by HDTV Summit one way or another. All business concerns aside, VOOM is the best thing that happened to HDTV in years...

I know, it said: content development ( what the hell does D* and E* produce )

content delivery ( big bird in the sky )

DTV transition ( Voom has the most HD, not just Voom channels, D* and E* should never even be thought of if this is part of the award, how many HD channels they don't carry, but do carry the SD version of them )

and the only other factor is money, they know where their bread is buttered.

i noticed on House on Fox last night it was sponsored by DirecTv. Alot of adverstising coming out from them, maybe feeling some pressure from voom?

Ah geez, some of those awards are crazy. Best DTV satellite provider ESPN?!?!?

SportsCenter tied with CSI, ahhh geez, what a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)