2006 MLB Season

TNGTony said:
I'll tell you who you wont see: The Reds! They are going to suck for at least one more if not several years. With Marge's dismateling the farm system and the change of ownership along with the lack of real pitching, no amount of big bats will do a damned thing! Hopefully Castelini will breathe life into the Reds in a way that Chiquita Bananna boy Lidner couldn't.

See ya
Tony

I hope your wrong about this being another down year, but you may be right after what happened yesterday.

stone phillips420 said:
havent heard much of them since Larkin left, I really did like Jose Guillen eventhough he's a jerk
I thought guillen was a red once, i could be wrong
the stars are sean casey and austin kearns?
kearns probavly wont do much this year

Sean Casey is now a Pirate, he got traded earlier this year for another has been or never will be pitcher.

Okay, I've decided to jump on the Padres' bandwagon for the NL West. Piazza seems to like Petco Park, and the power has improved with Klesko on the DL. Pitching, other than Peavey and Hoffman, is still questionable, but should be good enough to beat the rest of the NL West.

ramy said:
I hope your wrong about this being another down year, but you may be right after what happened yesterday.
I watched most of that game on FSN and was thinking, "Come on Cubs, save some for Wednesday!" The reason? My son and I made the trip from Northern Indiana to Cinncinatti today to cheer on the Cubs. I was very impressed with the new Great American Ball Park, but the homer by Arroyo in the 3rd inning (and his pitching) was pretty much the back-breaker for the Cubs. The Cubs managed to close the gap, but it was not enough.

So, the Reds may not be so bad off after all...

TheTimm said:
I see no reason the Tigers won't go 162-0. :D
And I figure Chris Shelton will win the batting crown.
Okay, so Shelton hit two more homers and they're up to 3-0.
Aaaaand, they've set a MLB record with 15 homers in their first 3 games.

Okay so maybe -- maybe -- 162-0 is a stretch, but at least we can all agree that the Tigers are likely the greatest team EVER, right? RIGHT?!

*crickets chirping*

:p

One week over. Tigers 5-0. Who'd'a thunk?:D
Only 157 games left! Hang on Tigers, hang on. Oh, and Shelton's average is now .700. Screw Ted Williams, I'm thinkin' he finishes above .500:p

Detroit: Home of the best hockey team and best basketball team -- and now with the baseball team to match!;)
(We try not to talk about the Lions)

TheTimm said:
One week over. Tigers 5-0. Who'd'a thunk?:D
Only 157 games left! Hang on Tigers, hang on. Oh, and Shelton's average is now .700. Screw Ted Williams, I'm thinkin' he finishes above .500:p

Detroit: Home of the best hockey team and best basketball team -- and now with the baseball team to match!;)
(We try not to talk about the Lions)
Tiger's 5-0? Holy crap...Stormin' Normin is rolling in his grave!