2006 NL & AL Championship Series

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Sorry Neutron I could not find a way to split your post. Make your picks.

The League Championship Series:

National

Cardinals vs Mets

American

A's vs Tigers

I have to say

Mets vs A's in the WS. The Mets do not have a great starting pitching but their offense has not let them down so far (here we go again with the offense). The Tigers are a strong team but I still have doubts about them. The A's look like a more complete team.

I can't dispute your picks.

The celebration in Detroit seemed a bit over the top, almost like "Mission accomplished", that I wonder if they can get up for this Series. Can Rogers and Bonderman pitch as dominantly in the ALCS?

I think the Mets have a better chance of making it to the next level, even with a patchwork starting rotation, than the Cards.

I'll pick the Tigers vs Cardinals for the WS.

Not a problem Sean!! I don't mind at all.

jdubs said:
Tigs v. Mets

As much as I love my Cardinals, I must face the truth...they suck!

SUCK??? well not as much as the padres. with friends like you who needs enemies!! lol play the games. i dont see a clear favorite. both have + & -

PLAY THE DAMN GAMES!!! let us experts watch and enjoy!!!! PLAY BALL!!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

A's and Mets with the A's winning it all.

blackhitachi,

It's only the first game and remember how the Tigers lost the first game to the Yankees and then won 3 in a row.

RandallA said:
A's and Mets with the A's winning it all.

blackhitachi,

It's only the first game and remember how the Tigers lost the first game to the Yankees and then won 3 in a row.

Oh yea i know i still have faith in them. Zito is a hot and cold pitcher.

The latest the media is pushing is that the team that has won the 1st game in the last 4 years has lost the series.... (ALCS that is)

I just hope they are good well pitched games.
btw, now the A's get the Tigers number 1,2 and 3 pitchers, Robertson was listed as the nimber 4 most of this year.
That said, the A's are a very good fastball hitting team.
but then again, so was the yankees.

Jimbo
Go Tigers !!!
Go Bucks !!!

New York? The game will be played in Oakland and to me it looks sunny and nice out there here in the Bay Area.

BTW, those Tigers have really impressed me. They have very good pitching and phenomenal hitting.

I just love how everyone keeps discounting the Tigers. Media, experts, fans. Yet they stiffled the "scariest" lineup in baseball in the Yankees.

You look at their hitting, the bottome 3 hitters all had 20 plus HR. They had the best ERA in baseball for quite a while if not the whole season and they are an AL team? When I think best pitching staff I never think an AL team. I think their power numbers are deceiving being they play in big old Comerica park, you can hit a ball 425 feet there and not hit it out. Remeber they were 40 or so games over 500 for a while too. They seem to be getting it all back to form just in time.

Overall, I think the A's will make a series of it (they didn't get to the ALCS by being chumps). Detroit is just SO confident right now, very aggressive pitching and base running.

Btw, I hate baseball for the most part and only watch the playoffs or only the WS, but I cheered for the Tigers cause I can't stand the Yankees (actually just the management). I will continue to root for the Tigers, cause darn it, they're always the underdog according to everyone and you just have to enjoy what that pitching has been doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts