2006 World Cup in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
I'm not sure if many regulars here will care (or know?), but ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 are broadcasting all 2006 Soccer World Cup games from Germany this summer in HD! Excellent!

Now Fox Soccer Channel needs to go HD and provide English Premier League games in HD (I'm not holding my breath on this one!).

GO TEAM USA!!!!

SkyOne in Britain broadcasts the EPL in HD. It may not be that far fetched. If FOX comes out with that HD channel I'm hoping for EPL and PAC-10 football and basketball in HD

bgilga said:
SkyOne in Britain broadcasts the EPL in HD. It may not be that far fetched. If FOX comes out with that HD channel I'm hoping for EPL and PAC-10 football and basketball in HD

Is the EPL actually in HD? I know most of Europe was well behind North America in HD roll out. I also believe that many of their sporting events are broadcast in 16:9 SD format, not HD.
:confused:

I remember reading an article right around the time BSkyB started offering an HD package that Sky Sports One would be in HD and they would offer some EPL games in HD.

I lived in London for a while and I can say that their 16X9 SD is very very close to our compressed Directv HD. Our SD looks like 1948 NTSC or worse. We should stop adding so many "free" channels to our cable/satellite systems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)