2007 Movies - so many to watch, and many great sequels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyR

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Looks like there are a LOT of great movies coming out this summer. Oddly though most of them are sequels of previous blockbusters. And at first glimpse, most are actually probably going to be pretty good and not just cheezy things trying to make a buck. I'm going to need a second job just to afford movie tickets!

Spiderman 3 (May 4) is up first, and appears to be action packed, with far more than just a single villian to confound our superhero. Can't wait.

Shrek the Third (May 18) - first two were witty. Can the magic continue?

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (May 27) is another must see.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (June 15) - mmmm, Jessica Alba

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (July 13) also makes the must see list.

Other sequels I'll likely check out as well:

28 Weeks Later (May 11) - sequel to 28 Days Later, which was a really intense new look at the zombie horror film. I'm definately there.
Ocean's Thirteen (June 8) - always love caper films
Hostel: Part 2 (June 8) - I'm a horror movie junkie
Transformers (July 4) - Ok, not a really a sequel, although it is based on previous comics, cartoons and theres already been one movie for it
Evan Almighty (June 20) - sequel to Bruce Almighty - may or may not watch this one as Carell isn't a Jim Carey.
The Bourne Ultimatum (Aug 3) - Never pictured Matt as an action star prior to this series
Highlander: The Source (Sept 2007) - 1st film of a trilogy featuring Adrian Paul as the Highlander
Rush Hour 3 (August 2007) - Love Jackie Chan
Resident Evil: Extinction (Sept 21st) - one of the better video game based movie series
Saw 4 (October) - This series always has an interesting twist in it - sometimes literally as your limbs twist right on off.
The Punisher 2 (November) - Another comic based film
National Treasure: Book of Secrets (December) - First movie had an Indiana Jones feel to it that made it a success. This one apparently delves into the Lincoln assassination and missing pages from John Wilkes Booth's diary
Alien vs Predator 2 (December) First one was rather bad - this one is just trying to cash in... but I'm a sucker for it

Looks like there are a LOT of great movies coming out this summer. Oddly though most of them are sequels of previous blockbusters. And at first glimpse, most are actually probably going to be pretty good and not just cheezy things trying to make a buck. I'm going to need a second job just to afford movie tickets!

Spiderman 3 (May 4) is up first, and appears to be action packed, with far more than just a single villian to confound our superhero. Can't wait.

Shrek the Third (May 18) - first two were witty. Can the magic continue?

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (May 27) is another must see.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (June 15) - mmmm, Jessica Alba

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (July 13) also makes the must see list.

Other sequels I'll likely check out as well:

28 Weeks Later (May 11) - sequel to 28 Days Later, which was a really intense new look at the zombie horror film. I'm definately there.
Ocean's Thirteen (June 8) - always love caper films
Hostel: Part 2 (June 8) - I'm a horror movie junkie
Transformers (July 4) - Ok, not a really a sequel, although it is based on previous comics, cartoons and theres already been one movie for it
Evan Almighty (June 20) - sequel to Bruce Almighty - may or may not watch this one as Carell isn't a Jim Carey.
The Bourne Ultimatum (Aug 3) - Never pictured Matt as an action star prior to this series
Highlander: The Source (Sept 2007) - 1st film of a trilogy featuring Adrian Paul as the Highlander
Rush Hour 3 (August 2007) - Love Jackie Chan
Resident Evil: Extinction (Sept 21st) - one of the better video game based movie series
Saw 4 (October) - This series always has an interesting twist in it - sometimes literally as your limbs twist right on off.
The Punisher 2 (November) - Another comic based film
National Treasure: Book of Secrets (December) - First movie had an Indiana Jones feel to it that made it a success. This one apparently delves into the Lincoln assassination and missing pages from John Wilkes Booth's diary
Alien vs Predator 2 (December) First one was rather bad - this one is just trying to cash in... but I'm a sucker for it

I refuse to go see movies, the prices are outrageous.

I'll wait till the DVD comes out and pay $1 at Redbox.

All look good except for hostel 2, no desire to see people cut each other up and cant understand the fascination people have with human mutilation, if people really want to see the real thing then get a job developing crime scene photos like I had for a while.

Oceans 13, not really sure about this one as I didnt get into the others much.

Evan almighty, Carey is Carey its that simple, when you replace someone who makes it work with another person it breaks down.

Highlander the source, this series should have been left alone after the second movie and again after the third movie wich with its subsequent failure should have been clue enough to not make another movie.

Saw 4, see first paragraph.

National treasure 2, I saw the first and wasnt impressed and left wanting more and with Cages recent wasting disease look I wonder how well this one will do.

AVP2, I liked the action of the first but it needed a better story line.

Highlander the source, this series should have been left alone after the second movie and again after the third movie wich with its subsequent failure should have been clue enough to not make another movie.

I disagree in part. Second movie did suck as did pretty much the rest of the Christopher Lambert staring Highlander films.

The last movie, Highlander: Endgame was basically a continuation of the TV series and was much better and worthy of being watched... but you had to have watched the series to understand many of the intricacies.

Generally the TV series definately was worth watching in my opinion and expanded the whole concept in interesting ways, in part by basically ignoring all but the first movie (and rewrote some of that as well).

I refuse to go see movies, the prices are outrageous.

We have a number of $1 second run theaters here in Atlanta, where if you wait a few weeks you can watch it on the big screen but pay rental prices. But films like Spiderman I'll definately catch probably at midnight the day it opens.

We have a number of $1 second run theaters here in Atlanta, where if you wait a few weeks you can watch it on the big screen but pay rental prices. But films like Spiderman I'll definately catch probably at midnight the day it opens.

We don't have any of those theaters here, wish they did. Drive-Ins aren't that bad, but can't take kid to see some of those, we'll probably see Shrek at the drive-in.

I'll see Spidey, Shrek, and Harry Potter at the theatre. Maybe Ocean's 13; but 12 was such a disappointment. I disliked Pirates 2 as well; not likely to spend $8 to see it.

You poor guys who live where movies are so expensive. My first run theater in the area costs me $4, and after I buy 5 tickets I get one free. Reasonably close I have another theater that costs a whole buck, and another one that runs 99 cents. Sometimes its a matter of a few weeks, once in a while a little longer. That's ok, because generally it gives me 3 chances to see a movie. If I'm tied up one week it doesn't mean I totally miss a movie that may not stick around for very long. Along with the movies listed above (some of which I'm really not interested in), my wife also has a few picked out she wants to see that evidently aren't to Danny's taste.

Spidey took in $59 MILLION yesterday, largest opening day take in film history.

Not surprised. The new multi-plex we have is showing it on SEVEN screens.

We are probably going later this afternoon; was planning on skipping it for a week, but with seven screens, and showings every 15 minutes, I doubt it will be difficult to get a seat.

Can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater. I wait until the DVD and out and watch at home.

Saw Spidey late this afternoon. Dang, that was a long movie. 2 1/2 hours. A much more character-based movie than I expected. The previews did not suggest it would be anything like it was. I enjoyed it, but I think as sequels go, Spiderman 2 was better.

Saw Spidey late this afternoon. Dang, that was a long movie. 2 1/2 hours. A much more character-based movie than I expected. The previews did not suggest it would be anything like it was. I enjoyed it, but I think as sequels go, Spiderman 2 was better.

Gonna do the fathe/daughter thing to see Spidey 3 in the Ft. Lauderdal IMX in 2 weeks...VERY excited about that.

I already saw Spiderman 3 and it was ok, not as good as 2 though.

Spidey took in $59 MILLION yesterday, largest opening day take in film history.

Not surprised. The new multi-plex we have is showing it on SEVEN screens.

With ever increasing ticket prices, the latest "record breaking weekends" always fail to impress me. What I want to know is not how much money they made, but how many tickets were actually sold. After all, a movie 10 years ago might have sold far more tickets, but because prices were cheaper made less than a movie today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)