2008-09 MLB Hot Stove

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry Jimbo, but it won't be the Tigers. Where is this guy going to play? Who do they sit down? The biggest reason besides that we don't need him is, we have nothing to trade. They will want pitching, and we need to keep our stock. Injuries have been our doom the last 2 seasons, so depth is of importance.

That would be a very hard trade to swing, not to mention a very expensive trade to make. I for one would not want to part with any more of our top prospects. If Detroit doesn't make a serious run this summer, look for Dombrowski to start retooling.

"Ken Griffey Jr. has chosen to sign with the Braves, a person close to the veteran star and familiar with the negotiations told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today"!!!...:eek:

Griffey picks Braves | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com]

Sure didn't see this coming!!!...:confused:

The Braves?

At this point of his career, what significance is there to sign with a team who's rebuilding? Surely this couldn't be his only option?!

By the time this entire steriods thing unfolds, we may come to conclude, that Mike Greenwell was the best, non-enhanced everyday player over the last quarter century. Last I knew, he was still lobbying to be given the 1988 MVP Award on a default.

Last edited:
By the time this entire steriods thing unfolds, we may come to conclude, that Mike Greelwell was the best, non-enhanced everyday player over the last quarter century. Last I knew, he was still lobbying to be given the 1988 MVP Award on a default.

And Mike Piazza should get the 1996 MVP award in lieu of what Ken Caminitti admitted to before his death.

You beat me to the punch....

Griffey chooses Mariners

By Jerry Crasnick
ESPN.com

Ken Griffey Jr. is returning to Seattle.

The future Hall of Famer informed the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday that he's returning to the city where he carved out a Hall of Fame career as a perennial All-Star in the 1990s.

"He's coming home. ... I can't begin to tell you how ecstatic we are. He is, too," Seattle general manager Jack Zduriencik confirmed on Wednesday night, calling Griffey "arguably one of the greatest athletes to ever play in the Seattle area."

Two baseball sources said that Griffey made his decision after two days of debating between Atlanta, which is close to his home in Orlando, Fla., and Seattle, where he's been a fan favorite since breaking in with the Mariners as a 19-year-old phenom in 1989.

"Ken is extremely excited to be coming back to Seattle," Zduriencik said.

The contract is for one year and $2 million guaranteed and includes incentives that could bring the total value of the deal to $4.5 million, a source said.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3917214"]Ken Griffey chooses to return to Seattle Mariners - ESPN[/ame]