2009 MLB Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would have given it to Matsui the more I think about it - he saved the Yankees from embarrassment.

Had it not been for his play in game 6, the Phils might have won and forced a game 7 where the Phils might have won again and completed the Yankees worst choke I could think of and second Yankees choke in MLB in the last six years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Some choke.

Hey, get your face close to the screen. Yeah, come on in real close here...

YANKEES WIN!

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra

Did you actually read the account? Girardi did both. And more.

You cannot possibly be as ignorant as this post makes you sound. I'm going to give you more credit than you possibly deserve. :eek:

Sandra

I didn't read the link until now - I had heard the story on sports radio earlier on Thursday and it just stated Girardi pulled off to the side of the road and tried flagging down cops.

Since you are on a Girardi lovefest, I'm waiting for you to post a link to stories that Girardi birthed a baby whose mother couldn't make it to the hospital, Girardi solved Middle East peace or Girardi is frontrunner for President in 2012 and already leads Obama in the polls.

p.s. go kiss Matsui's rear today for saving the Yankees from the monster choke.

Yankees fans will be parading today - I'll be remembering the 2004 ALDS Yankees Choke to the rival Red Sox.

One thing that I don't hear being brought up in the money equation is the YES network.

How much does that bring in for the organization? I know it's a bunch, and it's another thing that allows them to spend all this money.

The creation and success of the team RSN TV station is what caused the the biggest divide among large and mid-market teams.

If you remember back to the mid-90's, teams generated the majority of their income through ticket sales. If a team sold out it's games, they generated enough income to compete with the larger markets. Now, all bets are off as the RSN's generate so much more money over and above what a mid-market team would ever be able to generate.

I didn't read the link until now - I had heard the story on sports radio earlier on Thursday and it just stated Girardi pulled off to the side of the road and tried flagging down cops.

OK then you were ignorant. You ignored the actual accounts and reacted to headlines. Typical. :rolleyes:

Since you are on a Girardi lovefest, I'm waiting for you to post a link to stories that Girardi birthed a baby whose mother couldn't make it to the hospital, Girardi solved Middle East peace or Girardi is frontrunner for President in 2012 and already leads Obama in the polls.

Hey, it's not like he's Tim Tebow or anything...

Yankees fans will be parading today - I'll be remembering the 2004 ALDS Yankees Choke to the rival Red Sox.

Yeah, um...you don't want to be comparing past history regarding the Yankees and Red Sox. You just don't. :eek: :eek: :eek:

For every Red Sox victory there are countless Red Sox defeats. :D

I've been here singing Red Sox praises for a long time. Now it's time to sing Yankee praises, at least for this year. Oh wait, I almost forgot...pay attention real close here...don't forget to read the whole thing this time, I don't want you to miss anything...

YANKEES WIN!

Sandra

Last edited:
Wow, Jimmy Rollins just inflitrated his car into the Yankee Canyon of Heroes parade, with a big sign on it that says he predicts 'Phillies in 7 in 2010'.

You just don't see that very often...;) :D

Sandra

YANKEES WIN!

Considering what Sandra's been through with her teams recently- Rex Ryan, the mess that is the Knicks, the Rangers 3-1 collapse against the Caps, St. John's not making a tourney again, and what happens with Ohio State once they lose a game/Pryor makes some bad throws- it's about time she had something to brag about.

Good for you, Sandy- you deserve it.

Start Spreadin' the NEWS!!!!!!!!!

gal_yankee_parade_01.jpg

gal_yankee_parade_03.jpg

gal_yankee_parade_05.jpg

gal_yankee_parade_10.jpg

Sandra???.......

gal_yankee_parade_18.jpg

gal_yankee_parade_19.jpg

gal_yankee_parade_25.jpg

gal_yankee_parade_26.jpg

gal_yankee_parade_24.jpg

After seeing those scenes from the parade it makes me wonder again how can anyone be a Mets fan? It's one thing for people not from NY to hate the Yankees, but if you live there they are YOUR team. Yet some people choose to cheer for a 70 win team instead. Hmmm. Same bloated payroll, same cocky attitude, half the wins. :confused:

Considering what Sandra's been through with her teams recently- Rex Ryan, the mess that is the Knicks, the Rangers 3-1 collapse against the Caps, St. John's not making a tourney again, and what happens with Ohio State once they lose a game/Pryor makes some bad throws- it's about time she had something to brag about.

Good for you, Sandy- you deserve it.

Wow, now all of a sudden I'm bummed out again. :D

The Rangers did win last night, you know...

Sandra

After seeing those scenes from the parade it makes me wonder again how can anyone be a Mets fan? It's one thing for people not from NY to hate the Yankees, but if you live there they are YOUR team. Yet some people choose to cheer for a 70 win team instead. Hmmm. Same bloated payroll, same cocky attitude, half the wins. :confused:

Well, people who like the Mets like the Mets. Period. Must be difficult to understand a two-team city if you don't live in one, although it's probably like that in the Triangle as well for college basketball.

While it's true the last three years have been painful for Met fans, they do have recent history of success. And a beautiful new ballpark. And tons of fans. It's funny, if the Mets somehow win the world series next year, there will also be millions of fans at their parade. And NOBODY who will have gone to both parades!

Which team you root for is picked at a very young age and never changes, even though the teams' success changes. When I first started paying attention to baseball around 1990 the Yankees were terrible.

But I had five older brothers who would beat me (you think I'm kidding too!) if I made fun of the Yankees when they were losing. Instant Yankee fan. Same for the Rangers, Jets, etc.

You suffer through the bad times, and the good times are that much sweeter...:)

Sandra

Well, people who like the Mets like the Mets. Period. Must be difficult to understand a two-team city if you don't live in one, although it's probably like that in the Triangle as well for college basketball.
I can appreciate the analogy there but NC State fans are morons too. :D

YANKEES WIN!

Sandra
I have said this many times before, this is probably the worst call and worst radio voice around.

I have said this many times before, this is probably the worst call and worst radio voice around.

There are a lot of very good radio and tv teams around. The Yankee's radio team isn't one of them (nor is the White Sox tv team).

By virtue of winning their second championship in the 00's, the Yankees more than likely, are the "Team of the Decade". The Yankees tied the Red Sox with two championships each,but the Yankees have won four pennants to the Sox two.

Also, the Yankees had the best regular season winning pct. in all of baseball this decade (the Red Sox were second).

IMO, only five teams even belong in this discussion. They would be (my personal order):

1.Yankees- 2 championships, 4 pennants, 9 playoff appearances (including 8 division titles)

2. Red Sox- 2 championships, 2 pennants, 7 playoff appearances

3. Angels- 1 championship,1 pennant, 7 playoff appearances

4. Cardinals- 1 championship, 2 pennants, 6 playoff appearances

5. Phillies- 1 championship, 2 pennants, 4 playoff appearances

By virtue of winning their second championship in the 00's, the Yankees more than likely, are the "Team of the Decade". The Yankees tied the Red Sox with two championships each,but the Yankees have won four pennants to the Sox two.

Also, the Yankees had the best regular season winning pct. in all of baseball this decade (the Red Sox were second).

IMO, only five teams even belong in this discussion. They would be (my personal order):

1.Yankees- 2 championships, 4 pennants, 9 playoff appearances (including 8 division titles)

2. Red Sox- 2 championships, 2 pennants, 7 playoff appearances

3. Angels- 1 championship,1 pennant, 7 playoff appearances

4. Cardinals- 1 championship, 2 pennants, 6 playoff appearances

5. Phillies- 1 championship, 2 pennants, 4 playoff appearances

Did you hear Mike and Mike this morning arguing over whether the decade is actually over, or if it's not over until 2010?

Funny stuff.

Sandra

Did you hear Mike and Mike this morning arguing over whether the decade is actually over, or if it's not over until 2010?

Funny stuff.

Sandra

No, but we had some talking head here in Boston argue that last week. :)

I think they're confusing decades with centuries. You know the old argument, there was no such thing as year 0, so the first century was 1 to 100, the second 101 to 200 and so on.

That's not the case with "decades". They're clearly defined by 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's etc. This decade in baseball is over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)