2009 MLB Playoffs

Some Red Sox fans aren't happy but I'm happy. You can't win the World Series every year and I would rather see them in it every 4 or 5 years. It makes it special. It's just a game. I leave it on the field just like the players do . I won't be watching any other playoff games now because the season is so long and I need a break from it. I need to get caught up on shows and movies I missed. Good luck to to teams still standing .

yea right you are 100% disappointed in the bosox, admit it. After all who wouldn't after they was swept LMAO

KCK....did you think we'd be standing here 6 months ago? I gotta be honest, brother, I woulda been happy just to see the team start being a team again. What they have done thusfar.......it's so much more than any of us could have expected from them. I have been an Angel fan nearly 30 years and I've never shed more tears, never been prouder of any Angel team than I am of this Angel team. When that bullpen door opened in the bottom of the 9th......too much to take.

The writing was on the wall for the Redsox. What the Anaheim Angels accomplished was nothing more than what the Toronto Blue jays or the New York Yankees did sweeping the Redsox in three game series in the last two weeks of the regular season . The Redsox only wins were against those losing teams like Cleveland and Baltimore , and look horrible in a 4 game series in kansas City .
But the big problem the Redsox had in the 2nd half of the season was catching . There new catcher Victor Martinez was trying to learn his new pictures . Game 3 agains Anaheim was magnified . If Jason Varitek had been brought into the 9th inning to call and direct Papelbon , none of this happens in the 9th inning .
I feel so sad for Anaheim only able to finally beat the Redsox in a playoff series after so many losses winning a series against the Redsox just unable to get motivated for the Angels . If the Redsox had health Matzuzaka , and management had not brought in the trouble of Smoltz & Penny , and allowed Buchholz and Bard playing full time Anaheim would have been sent on vacation with ease .
But it is what it is and good Luck to the Anaheim Yahoo's . If they don't win the World series its all for not .

The writing was on the wall for the Redsox. What the Anaheim Angels accomplished was nothing more than what the Toronto Blue jays or the New York Yankees did sweeping the Redsox in three game series in the last two weeks of the regular season . The Redsox only wins were against those losing teams like Cleveland and Baltimore , and look horrible in a 4 game series in kansas City .
But the big problem the Redsox had in the 2nd half of the season was catching . There new catcher Victor Martinez was trying to learn his new pictures . Game 3 agains Anaheim was magnified . If Jason Varitek had been brought into the 9th inning to call and direct Papelbon , none of this happens in the 9th inning .
I feel so sad for Anaheim only able to finally beat the Redsox in a playoff series after so many losses winning a series against the Redsox just unable to get motivated for the Angels . If the Redsox had health Matzuzaka , and management had not brought in the trouble of Smoltz & Penny , and allowed Buchholz and Bard playing full time Anaheim would have been sent on vacation with ease .
But it is what it is and good Luck to the Anaheim Yahoo's . If they don't win the World series its all for not .

You're blaming the demise of the Red Sox on Victor Martinez?! :eek:

yea right you are 100% disappointed in the bosox, admit it. After all who wouldn't after they was swept LMAO
I can't admit something that isn't true. Just like the players, they go home and enjoy life till next season. It's very hard to repeat championships . The Red Sox are the only team in the new century to win twice. It's just a game. I don't let it run my life. It's good for baseball to see different teams in the playoffs.

KCK....did you think we'd be standing here 6 months ago? I gotta be honest, brother, I woulda been happy just to see the team start being a team again. What they have done thusfar.......it's so much more than any of us could have expected from them. I have been an Angel fan nearly 30 years and I've never shed more tears, never been prouder of any Angel team than I am of this Angel team. When that bullpen door opened in the bottom of the 9th......too much to take.

I was SURE Boston would pull it off in the 9th yesterday. I even had a message all typed up and ready to send saying it was too big of a pipedream to think we could have swept them. Then that door opened and when it was Torii who went to close it my blood ran cold and the hair on my neck stood up! I yelled out "Nick's in the house!" It was a sign and I knew then and there it was over. :angel:

Please don't feel sad for the Los Angeles Angels. Anyone who lives their life on "if this..." or "if that..." never knows what is it to really, truly enjoy what they are given. Sad.

And IF the Angels do not make it or win the World Series, it is not all for naught. To make it to the ALCS and play the Yankees is something this team can truly be proud of.

We'll see you next season. That is...IF the Red Sox are healthy.;)

Every expert predicted the Cards to win, some even said they would sweep the Dodgers.

Someone even went so far as to start a thread more than a month ago that the Dodgers were toast, would not make the playoffs, the manager sucked, blah blah blah. I forget who that was tho...;)

Sandra

Sandra, your thoughts on the Yanks' series victory?

Honestly, my first thought after seeing the 'Countdown to Outdoor Baseball' banner during game three, then watching the Phillies and Rockies play in sub-freezing temps was...are the Twins out of their minds? No retractable roof in Minnesota? Brrrrrrr.

As for the Angels, the Yankees never beat them. Ever. I'll have to see it to believe it.

Sandra

Someone even went so far as to start a thread more than a month ago that the Dodgers were toast, would not make the playoffs, the manager sucked, blah blah blah. I forget who that was tho...;)

Sandra
If you are going to paraphrase me, then get it right. If you are going to quote me, then quote my entire post.

I said Torre was the worst manager when it comes to managing starting pitching. Which he is and still is. His bullpen was overworked, which almost cost them the division. His starters are now not capable of going more than 6 innings, because he never allowed them to do so (Wolf could have gone more than 3 innings in game one). I also said Torre is excellent in many other aspects, such as managing a club house.

If you are going to paraphrase me, then get it right. If you are going to quote me, then quote my entire post.

I said Torre was the worst manager when it comes to managing starting pitching. Which he is and still is. His bullpen was overworked, which almost cost them the division. His starters are now not capable of going more than 6 innings, because he never allowed them to do so (Wolf could have gone more than 3 innings in game one). I also said Torre is excellent in many other aspects, such as managing a club house.

What was the title of that thread?

Sandra

What was the title of that thread?

Sandra
Torre is the worst manager when it comes to managing a pitching staff.

The last part did not show up on the main board because it is too long so I cut it. If you read the very first sentence in the very first post it says so clearly.

Joe Torre is the worst manager in baseball when it comes to pitching decisions.

There is one reason and one reason only why the Dodger bullpen is the most over used bullpen in baseball, and it has nothing to do with the quality of their starters; it simply has to do with one man only, Joe Torre. I cannot tell you how many times he pulled a starter out of a game when that starter was dominating the game, and that starter could have easily gone at least one more inning.

Today is just another example of Torre's stupid managing. Kershaw was dominating the Cards for 8 innings. Torre pulled him out in the 9th to bring in Broxton only because Broxton is the closer. Why in the hell does the closer always have to close? A good opportunity to save the bullpen, yet again, was just ruined by another stupid Torre move.

Well needless to say, Broxton ended up blowing the save with 2 broken bat singles and a wild pitch after 2 outs. Now the game is going extra innings and guess what? Yep, they are going to have to overuse their bullpen again. A game in which the entire bullpen could have taken the day off is no longer the case.

All Torre had to was leave Kershaw in. The worst he could have done is allowed them to tie it (which happened anyway). At least they would have had one less inning in which the bullpen was used. Even if Kershaw gave up more than one run, the Cards would have won the game and the bullpen would still not have been used.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/182919-torre-worst-manager.html#post1907698

In case you need more clarity, just a few post further in the same thread

Torre is a good manager in many ways, especially when it comes to chemistry. But he is the worst when it comes to determining when to take a pitcher out of the game. There is no escaping the fact that the Dodgers bullpen has been overused because of Torre. There is no escaping the fact that they overused the bullpen last night (a game in which the starter could have completed the game) because of Torre as well.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/182919-torre-worst-manager-2.html#post1908094

And again in the same thread

I liked Grady. I liked Tracy as well.

Let me clarify again for all to read. I do not dislike Torre. He is a good manager in many ways. He is just the worst in managing pitching scenarios during a game. He takes his starters out way to early. This puts an undo burden on the bullpen and this overuse has an effect later in the season when he really needs the bullpen.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/182919-torre-worst-manager-3.html#post1909049

Torre is the worst manager when it comes to managing a pitching staff.

I'm going by your 'Dodgers Season is Over' headline (not a paraphrase), which as you pointed out yesterday is also what the experts said before the Cardinals series began. Hey, you have something in common with experts!!! :D

Sandra

I think Dodger fan is still getting used to their new coach. Toss out every criticism you've compiled during the regular season. When the chips are stacked, Torre is the best out there. Cherish what you have. It could be A LOT worse, trust me.

LOL! :D Wasn't that over some meaningless game in Arizona or something?

I was out with buddies watching the Sox and Pats games (ohhhhhh what a day! :eek:), but I just want to congratulate KCK and all Angels fans on their victory over the Red Sox.

You guys put the exclamation point on it today!

Here's hoping you win the World Series title for Nick! :)

I would like to "ditto" Bill's post. I, obviously, was very heartbroken to see by boys swept, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Congratulations to the Angels on a very well played series, and I wish you the best of luck against the Yanks in the ALCS!

I'm going by your 'Dodgers Season is Over' headline (not a paraphrase), which as you pointed out yesterday is also what the experts said before the Cardinals series began. Hey, you have something in common with experts!!! :D

Sandra
And I said in that thread that I was wrong.

But you have to admit that I predicted they would begin to fall before they actually did. They just held on enough to not fall all of the way.

UFL Ignored

Soldier Tribute on CBC HNinC/NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)