2009 NFL Draft Countdown

I'm not crowning anyone's asses yet, I just said they were all highly touted receivers at the College level.

Next time, I'll try to contain my enthusiasm. :eek:

Don't bother....you're a Browns fan after the draft...it's in our blood (I must be a freak of nature). :)

Throwing to 3 of the most highly touted College WR's in Braylon, Robiskie and Massaquoi !!!

Dare I see sheds of the dynamite '07 Browns offense in 2009?!

I think so; they reloaded, and their schedule will not be as difficult as last year's (The AFC South and NFC East were brutal divisions where every team had at least a .500 record; the AFC West and NFC North will not be so tough.)

I think so; they reloaded, and their schedule will not be as difficult as last year's (The AFC South and NFC East were brutal divisions where every team had at least a .500 record; the AFC West and NFC North will not be so tough.)

Don't forget we bolstered the offensive line, AGAIN!

This Alex Mack should be a stud. Supposedly he is the highest rated center coming out of the draft in the last decade. Can you imagine having Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach AND Alex Mack protecting your blindside and opening gaping holes for the run?! Oh, my! Sweet baby Jesus!!!

The Mighty Quinn has all the tools necessary to succeed this year.... as long as we stay healthy.

This Alex Mack should be a stud. Supposedly he was the highest rated center coming out of the draft in the last decade. Can you imagine having Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach AND Alex Mack protecting your blindside and opening gaping holes for the run?!

The Mighty Quinn has all the tools necessary to succeed.... as long as we stay healthy.

What is this concept, and could you teach it to the Lion's brass?

This Alex Mack should be a stud. Supposedly he is the highest rated center coming out of the draft in the last decade. Can you imagine having Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach AND Alex Mack protecting your blindside and opening gaping holes for the run?!

Right now, I'm starting to think that signing Jamal Lewis may go down as one of the shrewder and more brilliant acquisitions for the Browns.

He was big in 2007, and even in the nightmarish 2008 season, he still got 1,000 yards.

Plus, with the expectations not as high, maybe the lack of pressure on the Browns's shoulders could be a good thing.

What is this concept, and could you teach it to the Lion's brass?

Here's a good concept for the Lions offensive line:

"Go after the guy in front of you wearing the other team's colors! Pretend he has a candy bar- go after it like that was your last candy bar that you'll ever have!"

Right now, I'm starting to think that signing Jamal Lewis may go down as one of the shrewder and more brilliant acquisitions for the Browns.

He was big in 2007, and even in the nightmarish 2008 season, he still got 1,000 yards.

Plus, with the expectations not as high, maybe the lack of pressure on the Browns's shoulders could be a good thing.

Remember the name "James Davis" Sabers.

The former Clemson RB James Davis (5'-11", 215lbs), is a Jamal Lewis Lite. Davis went to the same High School as Jamal. They train together during off seasons. Now, Davis is joining his mentor as a member of the Cleveland Browns running back committee.

Davis' stock dropped after last year. I blame all of the coaching and offensive scheme changes by Clemson for his regression. Overall though, Davis has only 2 fumbles in 802 carries. He's a down hill runner like Jamal and has an excellent work ethic.

I expect him to be the steal of the 6th round.

Was the reason the lions passed on the Line Backers was the possible adition of Larry Foote??

Was the reason the lions passed on the Line Backers was the possible adition of Larry Foote??

Larry Foote ?

Is he a FA ?

What would he be thinking, leaving the SB champs (twice in his time , I think) for the Lions ????
He must be on something, or being held hostage or something.

Larry Foote ?

Is he a FA ?

What would he be thinking, leaving the SB champs (twice in his time , I think) for the Lions ????

I don't think it's Foote wanting to be traded. It's cheepo Rooney probably doing this to save money....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4107676"]Pittsburgh Steelers to release veteran starting inside linebacker Larry Foote - ESPN[/ame]

I don't think it's Foote wanting to be traded. It's cheepo Rooney probably doing this to save money....

Pittsburgh Steelers to release veteran starting inside linebacker Larry Foote - ESPN

Cheepo????:confused::confused::confused:

Big Ben signed an eight-year, $102 million contract. It includes guaranteed money of $33.2 million and has a $25.2 million signing bonus.

Harrison and the Steelers have agreed on a six-year contract worth $51.175 million. The deal reportedly includes $20 million in bonuses and guarantees.

Ward signs four-year contract extension, The deal is worth $25.83 million and includes bonuses of $10 million

Hampton.....$ 6,652,000 a year

Polamalu.....$ 6,495,000 a year

Taylor..........$ 6,100,000 a year

Parker..........$ 4,538,000 a year

They should be at the cap when they sign the draft picks. They spend the same amount as most teams and win a hell of a lot more.

Cheepo????:confused::confused::confused:

Big Ben signed an eight-year, $102 million contract. It includes guaranteed money of $33.2 million and has a $25.2 million signing bonus.

Harrison and the Steelers have agreed on a six-year contract worth $51.175 million. The deal reportedly includes $20 million in bonuses and guarantees.

Ward signs four-year contract extension, The deal is worth $25.83 million and includes bonuses of $10 million

Hampton.....$ 6,652,000 a year

Polamalu.....$ 6,495,000 a year

Taylor..........$ 6,100,000 a year

Parker..........$ 4,538,000 a year

They should be at the cap when they sign the draft picks. They spend the same amount as most teams and win a hell of a lot more.

That said, Why would they let Foote go, he's come into his own the past year or so and done so very well.

I see they are going with Timmons and Foote consequently gets less playing time, make sense, but seemed odd anyways.

Well Mini camp has wraped up, time now for the steelers to release Foote and leo's sign him!

Larry Foote ?

Is he a FA ?

Yes Pitsburgh wanting to release him, they like the young guys they have. Foote stated in articles last week he would like to play here (for the right price even 0-16 can look good) But hey he would be a nice adition regardless!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)