2009 NFL Opening Weekend and Thanksgiving Day Schedule!!!

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Titans-Steelers will kick off 2009 season as NFL honors AFL

WOW!!!! Giants vs. Broncos Thanksgiving Night!!! That should be a great game althought if the NFL Network is off Comcast, that would suck but it will still over the air. I hope its shown on NBC4 or CBS2 out of New York because I dont get MyNetwork out of New York or the CW out of New York as of next month, FOX5 is also gone as well.

The one that surprises me is the Sunday night opener.

I thought for sure it would be in Dallas to open up their new stadium (ala Indy last season). But instead it's Bears at Packers.

Yikes. The Lions and the Raiders playing on Thanksgiving. So much for competitive games. The Broncos might be a dud too with the way the franchise is going.

I thought for sure it would be in Dallas to open up their new stadium (ala Indy last season). But instead it's Bears at Packers.

IMO, Bears/Packers is a bit of an overrated rivalry.

Sure, it's been around for a long time, but when was the last time they played a MEANINGFUL game or both teams had a great record when they went head-to-head?

Cowboys-49ers, Patriots vs. Jets/Dolphins have had meaninful games or games where both teams have a great win-loss record.

I am pumped...dont want to rush it, as I want to enjoy some nice weather before football season arrives again but cant wait for NFL!

IMO, Bears/Packers is a bit of an overrated rivalry.
No kidding. This rivalry hasn't meant anything since Lombadi and Halas were coaching. When the Bears were good in the 80's the Packers sucked. When the Packers have been good the Bears sucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts