2010-11 MLB Hot Stove

Reds pick up club options for Bronson Arroyo and Johnny Gomes.

The Red Sox traded 6'6" lefty Dustin Richardson to the Florida Marlins for 6'7" lefty Andrew Miller-a tall trade to say the least! Both pitchers are projects. Paul

Sox will like Miller !

Miller was a huge disappointment in Miami...as well as Maybin. They never panned out and both were given plenty of chances. Miller could not find the plate and Maybin could not hit a curve ball even if he had a guitar and they told him the pitch was coming.

...so basically The Tigers got Miggy....for nothing. How disappointing....:(:(:(

....Not to mention the Marlins gave up Cody Ross for NOTHING and Dan Uggla saying NO to 4 years, $48 million....things are NOT looking good for the Marlins.

Miller was a huge disappointment in Miami...as well as Maybin. They never panned out and both were given plenty of chances. Miller could not find the plate and Maybin could not hit a curve ball even if he had a guitar and they told him the pitch was coming.

...so basically The Tigers got Miggy....for nothing. How disappointing....:(:(:(

Maybin never was a very good hitter ...

I still think Miller will work out in the long run.
He's only been around for 2-3 years.

Maybin never was a very good hitter ...

I still think Miller will work out in the long run.
He's only been around for 2-3 years.

He can hit the fastball...like just about every single player at double A and above....but he was downright disgusting when he saw a curveball. He would turn into mush. And it is too bad because hte can flag them down in center and and a very good arm and AMAZING speed. Personally, I think the Marlins worked him TOO HARD to become a leadoff hitter.

He can hit the fastball...like just about every single player at double A and above....but he was downright disgusting when he saw a curveball. He would turn into mush. And it is too bad because hte can flag them down in center and and a very good arm and AMAZING speed. Personally, I think the Marlins worked him TOO HARD to become a leadoff hitter.

I never envisioned Maybin being more than a .270 hitter ....
I was somewhat disappointed to see him go (Tigers trade) but got over it quickly watching him during the year that he was traded.
He was ok in the minors, but can't hit enough in the majors.

As for Miller, I REALLY liked him, don't think the Tigers gave him a realistic chance and moved him, still think he'll do fine.... maybe.

Rumors have been flying heavy down here that the Marlins plan to do some serious wheeling and dealing. They have already gone crazy trading Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller and Dan Uggla. Now comes word that they are are VERY interested in veteran pitcher Javier Vazquez. Main reason is he gobbles up innings and has not been on a DL list in almost 10 years. The OTHER big news I heard on the radio today is that Diamondbacks were very interested in Ricky Nolasco and there is a 'very good possibility' of a Nolasco/Logan Morrison for ....Justin Upton. That would be HUGE!!!!

Rumors have been flying heavy down here that the Marlins plan to do some serious wheeling and dealing. They have already gone crazy trading Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller and Dan Uggla. Now comes word that they are are VERY interested in veteran pitcher Javier Vazquez. Main reason is he gobbles up innings and has not been on a DL list in almost 10 years. The OTHER big news I heard on the radio today is that Diamondbacks were very interested in Ricky Nolasco and there is a 'very good possibility' of a Nolasco/Logan Morrison for ....Justin Upton. That would be HUGE!!!!
If I'm the Marlins I jump all over that, and I like Nolasco a lot (I admit I'm not too familiar to Morrison).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Marlins had to throw in a Chris Volstad type talent also, to make the deal work..............Justin Upton is THAT good!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts