2010-11 MLB Hot Stove

I could be wrong, but I think that this is Miguel Cabrera's last year in Detroit, didn't he sign a 4 year contract ?

They TOO cannot afford to let him go after the year, but I also wouldn't want to be playing in my LAST year of the contract with no talk of extending it, I haven't heard ANYTHING about him as of yet, but I could also be wrong about the length of his contract.

I know its not a player but a stadium

The Twins "because its the right thing to do" are going to let the college team (Minnesota Gophers) use Target Field for their home games this year since the Humpty Dome is well.....out of commission. The Goofs normal field, Siebert Field, they havent played there in 2-3 years because its pretty dilapidated. They are raising money to rebuild a new Siebert Field

Anywho checking the two teams schedules and boy you can tell the University waits until the Twins schedule is made before making theirs. There is one game (a Wednesday game) that both are home. Twins play at noon and Gophers at 6:30. Otherwise every Gopher home game the Twins are on the road and vise versa.

I know its not a player but a stadium

The Twins "because its the right thing to do" are going to let the college team (Minnesota Gophers) use Target Field for their home games this year since the Humpty Dome is well.....out of commission. The Goofs normal field, Siebert Field, they havent played there in 2-3 years because its pretty dilapidated. They are raising money to rebuild a new Siebert Field

Anywho checking the two teams schedules and boy you can tell the University waits until the Twins schedule is made before making theirs. There is one game (a Wednesday game) that both are home. Twins play at noon and Gophers at 6:30. Otherwise every Gopher home game the Twins are on the road and vise versa.

WHAT ???

Someone using thier head :D

Chances are it will get extended.

Either way you look at it, the big loser is the Cardinals and the big winner is Albert. IF the Card do NOT sign him, OMG...they may riot in St. Louis. IF they DO sign him, OMG, they are gonna have to borrow money from China just to put together a competitive team because they will have NO MONEY left to sign anyone else.

Albert wins either way because if the Cards do not give it to him....someone else will. There have been three team that all my Chicago contacts keep bring up....ONE opens a new stadium in 2012....:D Another needs a STAR in case they lose THEIR star(.....*cough* Tigers *cough*) and a third wants to make sure the Wrigley faithful FINALLY get a star with no steroid baggage. Those 3 teams from what my Chicago connections tells me are the teams that keep coming up. We shall see.... but I doubt they would let a star like that get away like the Cavs would let Lebron..... leave.....now would they?;)

Either way you look at it, the big loser is the Cardinals and the big winner is Albert. IF the Card do NOT sign him, OMG...they may riot in St. Louis. IF they DO sign him, OMG, they are gonna have to borrow money from China just to put together a competitive team because they will have NO MONEY left to sign anyone else.

Albert wins either way because if the Cards do not give it to him....someone else will. There have been three team that all my Chicago contacts keep bring up....ONE opens a new stadium in 2012....:D Another needs a STAR in case they lose THEIR star(.....*cough* Tigers *cough*) and a third wants to make sure the Wrigley faithful FINALLY get a star with no steroid baggage. Those 3 teams from what my Chicago connections tells me are the teams that keep coming up. We shall see.... but I doubt they would let a star like that get away like the Cavs would let Lebron..... leave.....now would they?;)

I agree with you, Albert wins, one way or the other.

I have not heard one word about the Tigers talking about him, but you make a good point, if they were to lose Cabrera, they would need somebody, however the Tiger NORMALLY don't get/have the BIG guy like they do now.

I agree with you, Albert wins, one way or the other.

I have not heard one word about the Tigers talking about him, but you make a good point, if they were to lose Cabrera, they would need somebody, however the Tiger NORMALLY don't get/have the BIG guy like they do now.

Edit:

I just did some checking, looks like the Tigers signed Cabrera for 8 years.... at least thats what the talk was the day before it happened.

IF thats the case, then you won't be hearing the Tigers in the talks for Albert unless they are planning to move Cabrera.

Tigers could be interested in Vlad.
This would free up V. Martinez to play catcher exclusively and not put Leyland in a bind having to lose a DH when making a catching maneuver that has happened in years past.

The Cardinals simply CAN NOT let Phat Albert get away. He's obviously a generational talent.

I say let him go. They can get 2 pretty good players for that kind of money. One player doesn't win you a championship in baseball.

Tigers could be interested in Vlad.
This would free up V. Martinez to play catcher exclusively and not put Leyland in a bind having to lose a DH when making a catching maneuver that has happened in years past.

Update:
Dombrowski says Jeremy Bonderman will not be back and the Tigers don't see Vlad as a fit.

With this New England winter getting old FAST, I'm really looking forward to baseball starting up.

Here's how the Red Sox roster is shaping up:

Starting Rotation:
Jon Lester
Josh Beckett
Clay Buchholz
John Lackey
Daisuke Matsuzaka

Bullpen:
Jonathan Papelbon
Daniel Bard
Bobby Jenks
Dan Wheeler
Tim Wakefield
Hideki Okajima
Scott Atchison

Catchers:
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Jason Varitek

Infielders:
Adrian Gonzalez
Dustin Pedroia
Kevin Youkilis
Marco Scutaro
Jed Lowrie

Outfielders:
Carl Crawford
Jacoby Ellsbury
J.D. Drew
Mike Cameron
Darnell McDonald

DH:
David Ortiz

There, I feel warmer already! :D

Solid infield. Outfield ain't that impressive offensively, but defense and speed are sure great

I agree............at least power wise. However, all three of the starting OFs are capable of hitting around .300 (something you couldn't say at the beginning of last year with Cameron the starting CF). The infield and Ortiz should make up for the lack of power in the OF, and the bullpen is vastly improved with the additions of Jenks and Wheeler.

That leaves catcher (and I think the Sox will be fine with a Salty/Tek combo) and MOST IMPORTANT both Beckett and Lackey rebounding from an awful 2010 as the biggest questions.

IMO, even with the additions of Gonzo and Crawford, the Sox starting rotation is still the strength of this team as long as Beckett and Lackey pitch up to potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)