2010-11 NBA PLAYOFFS

What about all those Mavs fans in the buidling last night?? Especially the block behind the Mavs bench.

They mentioned last night that Pat Riley and Mickey Arison were not pleased. Looks like a few season-ticket holders may find their accounts terminated....

Miami has always been a crappy sports town, full of bandwagon fans and transplants from other cities. Just another example.

HD MM said:
Contending is fine. But your Prince, who along with Wade and Bosh went on national TV, on a hydraulic lifted stage with pyrotechnics to announce his arrival to the world and promised a Dynasty. 5, 6, 7 Championships.

Good to see TEAM conquered 3 superstars last night. A team is more than 3 players. Maybe Miami will realize this now.

How quickly we forget, A TEAM beat the Celtics in 5....A TEAM beat the Bulls in 5. The Heat are still a young team and will be favored to reach the Finals for years to come.

cosmo_kramer said:
I wonder how this quote from LBJ after the game sounds to the Heat fans:

A season without acquittal for LeBron - Heat Index Blog - ESPN

That was definately ment for the media that actively rooted against Lebron and ESPECIALLY this team. Some...hell, maybe most will think this was toward the fans...but those any sense of a NBA IQ should know better. With all the nastiness sent by the media all year and the nastiness sent to this very classy organization, Lebron and the Heat handled it all well.

How quickly we forget, A TEAM beat the Celtics in 5....A TEAM beat the Bulls in 5. The Heat are still a young team and will be favored to reach the Finals for years to come.

If contending is your goal, congrats. Miami will contend for 5, 6, 7 years or so. But that's not the ultimate goal. It's not the goal your Prince promised.

That was definately ment for the media that actively rooted against Lebron and ESPECIALLY this team. Some...hell, maybe most will think this was toward the fans...but those any sense of a NBA IQ should know better. With all the nastiness sent by the media all year and the nastiness sent to this very classy organization, Lebron and the Heat handled it all well.

Did you read the full column by Windy? And I can't believe you're covering for LeBron again. The media was actually rooting FOR LeBron. Did you see/hear how dejected Mark Jackson/Van Gundy were following the game? It sounded as if someone killed their puppy. They were clearly disappointed. LeBron took a cheap shot at the fans. A REAL CHEAP shot......

“All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

Yes, James could leave in his Bentley or Rolls Royce or Maybach or whatever vehicle he chose to drive. He could, indeed, go home to his mansion where his personal chef might have a five-star meal waiting. Then off to his plush bed with 1,500-thread-count sheets. In a few days, it’ll be off on a private jet for a needed vacation.

The vast majority of those who toasted his defeat will wake up and go to work on Monday morning.

James is a multimillionaire now and he’ll still be a multimillionaire after the coming lockout ends. As a two-time MVP, he's earned it. All these things will provide him plenty of comfort while his performance is eviscerated nationally.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy that not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal,” James said. “But they’ll have to get back to the real world at some point.”

And there’s the rub. So, too, will James. Eight years in, James is walking away from another season with no ring. In the past he could -- and did -- with his head high while quietly blame others. Last year, he got away with a series in which he failed to deliver.

Now, in the real world, there’s nowhere to hide.

Congrats to our Satelliteguys forum member Mark Cuban on the big win!

And many thanks from all the CAVS fans in Cleveland!!! :D

If you want to spin it that way, that's OK I guess. The question was not limited to only about the media, it was about all who were rooting against them.

I didn't see any national media rooting against the Heat. What I read/heard was reporting the reality of what was happening, backed up by numbers.

Miami has always been a crappy sports town, full of bandwagon fans and transplants from other cities. Just another example.

Don't the Dolphins lead the league in unused tockets every year? They sell who knows how many season tickets to transplanted retirees who care about the game when their natural home team visits Miami, but not much else.

Congratulations Dallas on winning the NBA Championship! Congratulations Cuban on staying true and steadfast with your vision. Many owners today dump, sell, and trade key players to make an immediate impact but fall short on the ultimate goal of winning a championship. More owners should pay close attention to Dallas' run throughout not only these playoffs, but since that night Miami celebrated on your court in 2006.

I agree completely. It would have been incredible to win it all in their first year, but alas they did not. Why? A few reasons:

1. Lack of a bench . . . need 2 more key additions on the bench
2. The disappearance of Lebron . . . he needs to work on his skills off the ball to be a complete player
3. Playoff experience

With all three, I definitely see a 2 or 3-peat in their future

LOL @ Dan Gilbert and Mo Williams' tweets..

Gilbert: Congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE.

Williams: Dallas just healed my HEART........

The Heat are still a young team and will be favored to reach the Finals for years to come.

Thats what I thought after the 2007 Cavs were swept by the Spurs in the finals.......you never can tell whats going to happen. The East is a tough conference and the HEATLES (hahahha) are going to face a tough road every year.

rey_1178 said:
keep them coming my friends. won't bother me none. i will continue to behave with class :)
enjoy..........

Eso compadre

Sent from my Atari 2600 via 14.4 FaxModem with Satelliguys Win7 APP (LoL dream on)

By the way how bad ass is dirk! He's a bad man. Who ever says this guy is soft especially after his performance in the finals needs to get their ass whooped. Guys is clutch, tough and has ice running through those veins. Most of all he did it with class.

Dirk,
:hatsoff:

Did anyone hear Mark Cuban live on Sportscenter last night say "The Mavs fans punked the sh*t out of the Miami fans?" Too funny....

What if the Heat don't win next year either? Will the worst fans in sports (sans Salsa and Rey.....sorry guys) stop showing up? Will they arrive even later than they do now?

LeBron is maybe the most polarizing athlete in this country (having inherited the mantle from Brett Favre).

No middle ground with him- you either like him or despise him.

LeBron is maybe the most polarizing athlete in this country (having inherited the mantle from Brett Favre).

No middle ground with him- you either like him or despise him.
True, but I don't think very many outside of Miami like him. He becomes more unlikable with every idiotic word he speaks.

College World Series

4 BCS conference presidents make over a million....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)