2010 NBA Draft

Nothing new for Kentucky. Remember when they played and lost to Texas El Paso, about whom Hot Rod Hundley said, "They can do anything with a basketball except autograph it."? Well, it turns out that while four of Texas El Paso's first six players graduated, only one of Kentucky's starting five did, and one of the ones who didn't graduate was Pat Riley.

Just an FYI,Patrick Patterson graduated from UK in three years with a high GPA. Also John Wall had a GPA of 3.5 and all except Orton stayed in school and actually attended classes until the end of the semester. IIRC,Orton did take correspondence courses but that was probably a sham.

I was just funnin' Ramy

As for UK not making the Final Four with these draftable players. That is a fair question and something Calipari will have to answer to. My best answer to that is UK,thanks to Tubby and the Mad Drunk Gillispie,had zero NCAA tournament experience. Having talent and having a core of players with tournament experience is two different things. If you have both of these then you have an NCAA champion. I think that was the reason more than anything why UK went out when they did. I think they did well to make the elite eight with such inexperience.

Not fair to bring in a bunch of freshman who basically take over your team, and then blame prior head coaches for the team's lack of NCAA tournament experience. Calipari has a great recruiting class coming in again (of couse he does), and guess what? They will not have NCAA tournament experience either.

This is what happens with hit-and-run college basketball players...not just at Kentucky, but they do seem to be getting more of the best players than other schools.

Sandra

What would piss me off were I a Kentucky fan is seeing how awesome Rajon Rondo is now, and he sucked when he was in college. What could have been if Tubby Smith didn't insist on having Rondo walk the ball up the court all the time.

What would piss me off were I a Kentucky fan is seeing how awesome Rajon Rondo is now, and he sucked when he was in college. What could have been if Tubby Smith didn't insist on having Rondo walk the ball up the court all the time.

Goodness, you guys really like to pick on coaches. Was it Doc Rivers's fault that Rondo was not the dynamic player last year that he was this year? Sometimes a kid just has to develop and mature, especially when you consider how long these guys are staying in college now.

Sandra

I was just funnin' Ramy

Not fair to bring in a bunch of freshman who basically take over your team, and then blame prior head coaches for the team's lack of NCAA tournament experience. Calipari has a great recruiting class coming in again (of couse he does), and guess what? They will not have NCAA tournament experience either.

This is what happens with hit-and-run college basketball players...not just at Kentucky, but they do seem to be getting more of the best players than other schools.

Sandra

They will have a little more NCAA experience than last year. Derrick Miller,Deandre Liggins and Darnell Dodson will be back. Not a lot but more than last year. It will take a base of experienced players before UK will win another title. Maybe in 2011 if they can keep two or three from this years class.

Tubby's been taking a beating on the message boards for his handling of Rondo. It did seem like Tubby gave him kind of a free reign his freshman year especialy on defense. He broke the UK record for steals his freshman season. But Tubby really tightened him up his sophmore year. His steal total was way down that season. I think Rondo's loss of freedom during his sophmore year is what drove him to the NBA after that season. It would have been intersting to have seen Rondo under Calipari. I think he would have had a similar type season that Wall did this past season.

It's an absolute embarrassment in what's going down in the NBA in this "summer of LeBron"....

No team wants to commit to more salary, out of being afraid they'd lessen their chances at attracting LBJ. Chicago gave away one of the top guards in the game, plus a first round pick for basically nothing. The Knicks have been slashing cap space for over 3 years now in preparation for this summer. Other teams are doing the same.

In the meantime, LeBron and his impending free agency will hold the league hostage until he decides what to do. I don't know whether to cry or scream.

..Tne of the top guards in the game, plus a first round pick for basically nothing. The Knicks have been slashing cap space for over 3 years now in preparation for this summer. ...

Which is what they had to do. They had a cap figure of over $120 million back then, and were even stuck accruing $20 million a year in payments to an injured player.

One thing I haven't heard yet is whether the Kncks can offer money to Curry to not exercise his $11.2 million player option. That would bring the Knicks payroll down to about $6.5 million.

It's an absolute embarrassment in what's going down in the NBA in this "summer of LeBron"....

No team wants to commit to more salary, out of being afraid they'd lessen their chances at attracting LBJ. Chicago gave away one of the top guards in the game, plus a first round pick for basically nothing. The Knicks have been slashing cap space for over 3 years now in preparation for this summer. Other teams are doing the same.

In the meantime, LeBron and his impending free agency will hold the league hostage until he decides what to do. I don't know whether to cry or scream.
LMAO! The ultimate slap in the face will be when LeBron does a sign and trade with the Cavs. The Cleveland press will report that LeBron is staying and then a day later the truth will come out, LeBron is on his way to the Big Apple and Clevalnd gets Eddy Curry and David Lee in return plus some draft picks. :D

From Boston-based blogger Michael Commelly:

...Kentucky’s entire starting line up was chosen in the first round - how about the draft results for the teams that beat them (how did Calapari ever lose a game):

* South Carolina………None in top 60
* Tennessee……………None in top 60
* West Virginia…………De’Sean Butler chosen 42nd / Devin Ebanks chosen 43rd

From Boston-based blogger Michael Commelly:

...Kentucky’s entire starting line up was chosen in the first round - how about the draft results for the teams that beat them (how did Calapari ever lose a game):

* South Carolina………None in top 60
* Tennessee……………None in top 60
* West Virginia…………De’Sean Butler chosen 42nd / Devin Ebanks chosen 43rd

Having the best players on the court does not always guarantee a win. Look at the Cavs. They have at least the second best player in the nation and they certainly have not won a title.

Florida had some very talented hoops teams that choked from 2001-2004 in the NCAA Tourney before they won their back-to-back titles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts