2010 NBA Draft

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
The NBA Draft is tomorrow night.

What needs does your team need to fill?

Which players could be traded elsewhere?

A year ago, LeBron was still signed with the team, our coach and GM were under contract, the night before the draft, we traded for Shaq. What a difference a year makes.

A year ago, LeBron was still signed with the team, our coach and GM were under contract, the night before the draft, we traded for Shaq. What a difference a year makes.

Would you trade Jamison back to Washington to get the draft pick back at this point?

Sandra

BTW, remember the NBA draft is different from others. A team with enough money and will can actually "buy" a draft pick from another team. The Cavs have been rumored to get back into this draft by doing just that.

BTW, remember the NBA draft is different from others. A team with enough money and will can actually "buy" a draft pick from another team. The Cavs have been rumored to get back into this draft by doing just that.

Danny Snyder should buy an NBA team.

ESPN just reported from "A source" that Rasheed Wallace will be foregoing the last two years of his contract with the Celtics and retire. Even if that $6,500,000 comes off the books, the Celtics will still be at the cap if Pierce exercises his $20 million player option. That means that they will only have five players under contract: Pierce, Rondo, Garnett, Davis and Perkins. And since Garnett isn't going to get any younger, it means that the Celtics will have to come out of the draft with a "big", but drafting 19th, the best they can hope for is a European player who might be able to handle 15-20 minutes a game. It also pretty much forces them to resign Ray Allen, and maybe even Tony Allen, since they can go over the cap to keep them.

The Celtics just drafted a 6'3" non-shooting point guard who looks like "Rondo-2". He probably was taken as the best player available and will be traded to someone who mght like him to become their own Rondo.

The Celtics just drafted a 6'3" non-shooting point guard who looks like "Rondo-2". He probably was taken as the best player available and will be traded to someone who mght like him to become their own Rondo.
Boston took Luke Harnagody in the 2nd round. He should be a nice player coming off the bench for them, like Big Baby.

Kentucky ended up with 5 players taken in the first round which is a record and Wall being taken first was the first time in the history of Kentucky they had a player taken first overall. That shocked me. I would have bet that they had one before now.

LOL Kentucky fans must be so proud of the 14 total classes combined that these five guys attended while they were UK 'students'.

:devil: :D

Sandra

As expected, the Thunder drafted a couple of centers. Unfortunately, they're both big white stiffs. Maybe with time ...

Kentucky ended up with 5 players taken in the first round which is a record and Wall being taken first was the first time in the history of Kentucky they had a player taken first overall. That shocked me. I would have bet that they had one before now.

All that talent and UK couldn't make the Final Four. A damn shame! ;) :D

I think there were more players/rights traded than kept by the drafting team. It's almost like a lot of teams didn't want to participate since they want to keep their cap space free.... ;)

I think there were more players/rights traded than kept by the drafting team. It's almost like a lot of teams didn't want to participate since they want to keep their cap space free.... ;)
NBA mandates a guaranteed contract for first round selections. No guarantee for 2nd round selections. That make 2nd round draft picks more valuable to cash strapped teams. OKC acquired a 1st round pick and a player for a 2nd round pick. :eek:

LOL Kentucky fans must be so proud of the 14 total classes combined that these five guys attended while they were UK 'students'.

:devil: :D

Sandra

Just an FYI,Patrick Patterson graduated from UK in three years with a high GPA. Also John Wall had a GPA of 3.5 and all except Orton stayed in school and actually attended classes until the end of the semester. IIRC,Orton did take correspondence courses but that was probably a sham.
As for UK not making the Final Four with these draftable players. That is a fair question and something Calipari will have to answer to. My best answer to that is UK,thanks to Tubby and the Mad Drunk Gillispie,had zero NCAA tournament experience. Having talent and having a core of players with tournament experience is two different things. If you have both of these then you have an NCAA champion. I think that was the reason more than anything why UK went out when they did. I think they did well to make the elite eight with such inexperience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)