SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2008
35l821x.jpg

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
The C's go up 2-0 in their series.

That's now 5 wins in a row since they got embarassed two weeks ago. Perhaps that blowout was the best thing that happened (it forced them to look at themselves and change things drastically)

It might be early to say this, but could we be looking at Lakers-Celtics once again?

If anything, it could happen one more time with the position both teams are in and trying to achieve.

While anything can happen in the playoffs, and who knows what Orlando/Phoenix might do- other than the 2007 Cavs and 1993 Bulls, teams have not come back form 0-2 in the conference finals.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Celtics now 4-1 on the road against the top two seeds in the East (their only loss was game 1 in Cleveland, but only after the Celtics blew a double digit lead).

BTW, I'm running out of superlatives for Rajon Rondo! :)

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
This is exactly the type of play that the C's were expected to do before the season started.

Granted, they did slumped after Christmas Day, but looking in retrospect- are we REALLY surprised to see Boston as a major threat to win an NBA title? I'm not.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
This is the first time in the storied history of the Celtics, that they've won games 1 and 2 on the road!

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
This is exactly the type of play that the C's were expected to do before the season started.

Granted, they did slumped after Christmas Day, but looking in retrospect- are we REALLY surprised to see Boston as a major threat to win an NBA title? I'm not.

I admit I didn't think they'd get by Miami, let alone Cleveland.

But I saw THIS team, in person, get blown out at home to Washington. I also watched them lose at home to Charlotte, Memphis, and most embarrassing of all, New Jersey!!

I watched them since Christmas Day blow MANY big leads.

All that said, they may not be as deep as they were two years ago (without P.J. Brown, James Posey, Leon Powe and Eddie House), but they are now a BETTER TEAM than their championship team. And that's because Rondo has become a BEAST!!

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Magic played only 1 quarter of basketball and almost won. Just think what will happen when they play the full game.

Well, now we know what will happen if they play a full game. The Magic tried playing four quarters, and that didn't help...they still lost! What's next, playing five quarters? ;)

Sandra

Last edited:

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Well, now we know what will happen if they play a full game. The Magic tried playing four quarters, and that didn't help...they still lost! What's next, playing five quarters? ;)

Sandra

Series is not over. Oh by the way, in the loss...how many points did that 'limited offensive center' score?;)

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Van Gundy is losing this series for the Magic. Why have we not seen Anthony or Bass? Why is he not using the magics bench? Why does Williams keep coming in over others when he is not performing.

And Hey Mr. Lewis time to STEP UP your game! We need you now more then ever. You kicked ass all year and all playoffs wake up!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Van Gundy is losing this series for the Magic. Why have we not seen Anthony or Bass? Why is he not using the magics bench? Why does Williams keep coming in over others when he is not performing.

And Hey Mr. Lewis time to STEP UP your game! We need you now more then ever. You kicked ass all year and all playoffs wake up!

THIS is the main reason they are getting no offense. Not Van Gundy. IF he was just CLOSE to his average, it could be 1-1 or maybe even 2-0 the other way.

BUT, give the devil his due, the Celtics TEAM defense has been scary good.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
God I hate players that Tweet....:rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah...I know that they say it was SUPPOSEDLY hacked....but to look into the ESPN camera and say..."we are going home to close it out....." and then winking....LOL!! Yeah, SSSUUURREEEE he did not post that comment on Twitter.;)

In the hours after a Game 2 win over Orlando, Paul Pierce's Twitter account lit up with a boast -- "Anybody got a BROOM?"

Except the Celtics star's reps are denying he ever posted it.

Athlete Interactive, a company that handles digital media for Pierce and others, followed with its own tweet shortly after saying "That is NOT @paulpierce34 tweeting -- the previous four tweets are all courtesy of a hack. Looking into it."

All four tweets have since been removed from the page.

For the record, even though Pierce denied the tweets, there's no denying his postgame comments on TV:

"We're coming home to close it out."

FOXNews.com - Pierce's Twitter boast a hack job?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)