2010 NCAA Football Season

Speaking purely objectively (seeing as how I am a Bronco fan), I felt that Boise was lucky to escape Landover with a W. Those early first quarter points came from Va Tech mistakes.

However, there was never a doubt in my mind that Kellen Moore would eke out a victory once they got the ball back. I saw shades of John Elway in that last drive.

EDIT: in checking the box score, I wonder why Kellen's younger brother (Kirby) didn't play?

I can support their ranking a lot more than Ohio State and often Penn State. I don't like VT, but give credit for scheduling a tough game early every year.

Just hope all the Boise naysayers learned a lesson last night. Who else in the top 10 has 2 ranked opponents (VT, OreSt) on their out of conference schedule? Now you know why they have a hard time getting top teams to play them.

That makes 2 top 25 teams the WAC and MWC knocked off this weekend - favorites in the ACC and Big East. Also, UNLV and Utah State put in credible performances against 2 more ranked teams, and Fresno State disposed of Cincinnati handily.

No other team in Boises Conference is in the top 25 are they?

FLA plays what 4 ranked teams in conference this year? (maybe five ill have to double check) (based on pre season rankings) when you play in a conference as Weak as boise does, you MUST have great ooc games otherwise no one will even look at you. Playing in a power conference you dont need that as much.

That said, Boise state played one hell of a game best game of the weekend for sure!

Now that we know DVR expanding dude's crystal ball is a little foggy , I feel better about his prediction that Miami is going to come to the 'Shoe and annihilate Ohio State!!!

Sandra

I am really in a problem. As a gator fan I certainly am suppose to hate Miami. (Maybe even more so then we hate FSU) however I also have to hate OSU. For one because its fun to hate OSU on here, and two, but old lady and her family are from Ohio and shes a buck eye fan...

Man who do I want to win? I hope they both lose :up

OU only fell to #10 in the AP this week.

The entire defense is going to have step it up or Florida St will end that home winning streak and I don't want to see that. The offense needs a little work too, but the defense really let them down most of the day.

I was hoping for a good year from OU and OSU. Make bedlam in Stillwater just a little more interesting this year.

I really hope FSU wins. This way the FLA vs FSU game is much more important ;)

No other team in Boises Conference is in the top 25 are they?

FLA plays what 4 ranked teams in conference this year? (maybe five ill have to double check) (based on pre season rankings) when you play in a conference as Weak as boise does, you MUST have great ooc games otherwise no one will even look at you. Playing in a power conference you dont need that as much.

That said, Boise state played one hell of a game best game of the weekend for sure!

Yeah, bama has six current ranked opponents this season. Only one is OOC. No need to schedule those huge games when you play them every week. In fact it can do more harm than good for teams in the power conferences.

But I agree, Boise looked good for the one game they had to get up for until bowl season. I do not mean that as a knock really. They have been good for several years, and have showed up in the bowls. I just doubt they would have that success playing in a different conference.

It's amazing how many times I heard BCS last night watching that game.

What did Boise State prove last night? Well, to me, they proved they can beat a Virginia Tech team.

So what do we know about V tech? not much really, looked pretty good on offense, but that defense was bad, very bad. 17-0 in the first quarter bad.

What happens when Virginia Tech finishes with a 7-5/8-4 record, what then?

This is just another reason why preseason polls are just not good for anyone, that only thing Boise State has to do is hold on to its ranking and it's all set for a possible title bid.

When I look around the NCAA, I don't see a lot better then Boise State, but I can find more then 2 schools. ;)

No sacks allowed, one penalty for 13 yds., no turnovers, and a career day for Denard. So this is what the "spread " is supposed to look like!

I thought UConn was supposed to be a contender in the Big East. If this is one of the Big East's best, well.....

GO BLUE!
Sorry Paul, but I don't share your optimism about this team. It was telling how the ESPN analyst (don't remember who) was droning on about how Michigan is still missing several skill positions in order to be like Rich Rodrigues' West Virginia team. WTF!!! Since when does the winningest football program in Division 1-A history, one that has won 11 National Championship and had 40 consecutive winning seasons before the Rodrigues' arrival, strive to be just like West Virginia? :confused:

What a load of BS. I saw a .500 team on the field this weekend (thanks to a weak schedule), which will raise Coach Rod's 3-year record at Michigan to an unimpressive 14 Wins and 22 Losses. I really wish that I were more positive since I bleed Maize & Blue...but I just don't see it happening. Besides the rules violations, do you really think a Bo Schembechler or Lloyd Carr coached team would permit Tate Forcier to pout on the sidelines in front of a National television audience? No way! Again, I hope that I am wrong but I don't see many signs of leadership and discipline yet again on the sidelines. We shall see.

Finally, while I am certainly not opposed to a runing quarterback...this kid Robinson is going to get hurt. He is physically not very big and he take too many risks on the field. Hopefully he will mature quickly (i.e., get down or out-of-bounds) because he already took a big shot in the opening game.

Sorry Paul, but I don't share your optimism about this team. It was telling how the ESPN analyst (don't remember who) was droning on about how Michigan is still missing several skill positions in order to be like Rich Rodrigues' West Virginia team. WTF!!! Since when does the winningest football program in Division 1-A history, one that has won 11 National Championship and had 40 consecutive winning seasons before the Rodrigues' arrival, strive to be just like West Virginia? :confused:

What a load of BS. I saw a .500 team on the field this weekend (thanks to a weak schedule), which will raise Coach Rod's 3-year record at Michigan to an unimpressive 14 Wins and 22 Losses. I really wish that I were more positive since I bleed Maize & Blue...but I just don't see it happening. Besides the rules violations, do you really think a Bo Schembechler or Lloyd Carr coached team would permit Tate Forcier to pout on the sidelines in front of a National television audience? No way! Again, I hope that I am wrong but I don't see many signs of leadership and discipline yet again on the sidelines. We shall see.

Finally, while I am certainly not opposed to a runing quarterback...this kid Robinson is going to get hurt. He is physically not very big and he take too many risks on the field. Hopefully he will mature quickly (i.e., get down or out-of-bounds) because he already took a big shot in the opening game.

Let's just see what happens after Notre Dame forces Robinson to throw down field. I'm not convinced the kid can do that.

What did Boise State prove last night? Well, to me, they proved they can beat a Virginia Tech team.

So what do we know about V tech? not much really, looked pretty good on offense, but that defense was bad, very bad. 17-0 in the first quarter bad.

Boise St proved they are a good team last night, how good? Well its hard to say if they played against a team that didn't make mistakes however mistakes are part of the game - ya just gotta either not have them or learn to adjust to them.

You know alot by now about VT, they looked great on Offense and the Defense didn't look as bad as I would have imagined after rebuilding nearly the whole line. That 17-0 was from those very mistakes I was just talking about, a fumble by the offense, a blocked kick from special teams... the defense did decent but needs work for sure.

How do I know this? Well I was there!

For all hopes, just as last year - VT will learn from this and go on to a 10+win season and a great bowl game regardless of what happens to Boise St from here on out, VT will now just concentrate on the future and you can bet Beamer is going to make sure they do just that!

I did not like the VaTech uniforms. No reason to sell out to Nike, their regular uniforms are wonderful.

Last night's game almost made me feel like rooting for VaTech the rest of the way. Then you remember the university is known for the loveable Vick brothers, and you stop rooting.

After Boise went up 17-0 VaTech dominated most of the rest of the game.

The uniforms were a little odd, but that was only for that game and made for a reason to honor the "Highty Tighties" or the Virginia Tech Regimental Band from the Corps of Cadets from the school. They didn't sell out to Nike... that was the reason for them and it was awful damn nice of Nike to do it IMO.

As for the Vick Brothers comments... Michael played as a Pro and never had any problems or issues while at the school - what happens to a player after they leave is beyond what the coaches or the schools can control that's just common sense... as for his brother well he failed early on and the coaches dropped him very quickly since Beamer is very strict on how his players act while on the team or a part of the school.

I am really in a problem. As a gator fan I certainly am suppose to hate Miami. (Maybe even more so then we hate FSU) however I also have to hate OSU. For one because its fun to hate OSU on here, and two, but old lady and her family are from Ohio and shes a buck eye fan...

Man who do I want to win? I hope they both lose :up

You said earlier that you were pulling for the Buckeye's, now your changing your mind ?

The uniforms were a little odd, but that was only for that game and made for a reason to honor the "Highty Tighties" or the Virginia Tech Regimental Band from the Corps of Cadets from the school. They didn't sell out to Nike... that was the reason for them and it was awful damn nice of Nike to do it IMO.

Yes they did sell out to Nike, chances are it was just like the Michigan / Ohio State games of late.

Ohio State has been honoring Championship years, they will do it again, thanks to Nike, God I hate Nike, at least they could make some Good looking uniforms for a change.

Both teams wore UGLY uniforms last night and the Buckeye's have had ugly uni's as well for thier "Nike" day.

The one they are wearing this year isn't quite as bad, but nothing like what they wear now days.
I think if they kept the helmet the way they are current day, it would make the Bucks uniform reasonable.

I can support their ranking a lot more than Ohio State and often Penn State. I don't like VT, but give credit for scheduling a tough game early every year.

Just hope all the Boise naysayers learned a lesson last night. Who else in the top 10 has 2 ranked opponents (VT, OreSt) on their out of conference schedule? Now you know why they have a hard time getting top teams to play them.

That makes 2 top 25 teams the WAC and MWC knocked off this weekend - favorites in the ACC and Big East. Also, UNLV and Utah State put in credible performances against 2 more ranked teams, and Fresno State disposed of Cincinnati handily.

Fwiw, Ohio State plays 4 teams that are currently ranked this year.
Penn State plays 3, Alabama (1), Ohio State (2) and Iowa (9)
Va Tech plays 3 (Ga Tech (15)) Miami (12) already BSU (3)
Boise State played Va Tech (10), Oregon State is not ranked in this particular poll.
So BSU plays only 1 ranked team, in this instance.

Alabama 6
Florida 5

Yeah, bama has six current ranked opponents this season. Only one is OOC. No need to schedule those huge games when you play them every week. In fact it can do more harm than good for teams in the power conferences.

But I agree, Boise looked good for the one game they had to get up for until bowl season. I do not mean that as a knock really. They have been good for several years, and have showed up in the bowls. I just doubt they would have that success playing in a different conference.

Georgia has five currently ranked opponents and one is out of confernce(Georgia Tech). As I have stated BSU and TCU don't deserve a shot at a national title. I am also not a fan of them get a BCS game. The play in a bad conference.

Georgia has five currently ranked opponents and one is out of confernce(Georgia Tech). As I have stated BSU and TCU don't deserve a shot at a national title. I am also not a fan of them get a BCS game. The play in a bad conference.

If Boise State wanted to make a move to get included in the BSC ratings, they should have moved to a conference that already HAS a BSC contract. :)

I agree that if BSU played in a SEC/BIG10-11-12 where they play games in that conference every week , they would not be nearly as highly rated as they are where they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts