2011 MLB Playoffs

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Sunday- National League Championship Series- Game 1

Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Greinke)- 4:05pm ET (TBS)

Sunday- American League Championship Series- Game 2

Tigers (Scherzer) at Rangers (Holland)- 7:45pm ET (FOX) Rangers lead series 1-0

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Tigers lose game one .... 3-2

What do they expect when you have Inge and Jackson batting back to back, automatic 2 outs.
Inge was pulled for Betitmit who did the same thing as Inge, strike out.

Game ended at 1:05 am with 2 rain delays.

I think Verlander is cursed, BOTH opening games in this years playoffs have been interrupted by rain.

It was a good game though!! Game 2 should be just as good. The Tigers do have a good team this year! Go Rangers!!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Neutron said:
It was a good game though!! Game 2 should be just as good. The Tigers do have a good team this year! Go Rangers!!

Thankfully, this is a 7 game series, not a 5.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
As long as Jackson continues to look like he is lost at the plate they won't win this series. So far, NOT IMPRESSED by his showing to this point in the Post Season. Stage looks to be a little to big for him right now. Probably would for most young players, but he is our lead off guy, gotta have more from him. Going forward to next season he needs to fix the strike outs..what was it 200 last year 180 this year? That is what we get for Granderson? Not good. Makes me wonder if we got tricked by the Yankees. They would never come off that kid, no matter who asked. They had to know he has K issues. As for Avila, I really believe something is wrong with him, and is toughing it out. Cant blame it on one guy nobody is really hitting in the post season, well except for the one guy who is now injured.. Well here is hoping Max can get a win for us tonight.

ON a good note how about that Bullpen last night? Porcello looked great too..

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I'm not a fan of A.J. as a commentator. Just listening to him argue about why Ron Washington should have put in Darren Oliver was enough to have me mute it.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Strange game with the rain delays last night, but the Rangers did enough to win while the Tigers didn't. Anyway, Scherzer is throwing well so hopefully the Tigers can tie the series this evening. I hope this game goes go more than 3 1/2 hours because I was dead tired when the game ended last night.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
As long as Jackson continues to look like he is lost at the plate they won't win this series. So far, NOT IMPRESSED by his showing to this point in the Post Season. Stage looks to be a little to big for him right now. Probably would for most young players, but he is our lead off guy, gotta have more from him. Going forward to next season he needs to fix the strike outs..what was it 200 last year 180 this year? That is what we get for Granderson? Not good. Makes me wonder if we got tricked by the Yankees. They would never come off that kid, no matter who asked. They had to know he has K issues. As for Avila, I really believe something is wrong with him, and is toughing it out. Cant blame it on one guy nobody is really hitting in the post season, well except for the one guy who is now injured.. Well here is hoping Max can get a win for us tonight.

ON a good note how about that Bullpen last night? Porcello looked great too..

Tigers got Jackson, Scherzer and Coke in the Granderson trade, it wasn't a Jackson / Granderson trade.

Fwiw, Granderson couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag either when he was traded, the yankees hittting coach has done GREAT things with him.

Granderson 's last year with the Tigers he hit .249 and had 140 K's.

Granderson was not a great hitter in Detroit, in the seasons he played an ample amount, he hit .260, .302, .280 and .249 .... with 174, 141, 111, and 141 K's in those years.

This year, while he was talked about being a MVP, he only hit .262 and had 169 K's NOT MVP numbers in MY book.

Jackson hit .249 and had 181 K's.

So, Granderson is STILL striking out just as much as he did in Detroit and not hitting any better.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Tigers got Jackson, Scherzer and Coke in the Granderson trade, it wasn't a Jackson / Granderson trade.

Fwiw, Granderson couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag either when he was traded, the yankees hittting coach has done GREAT things with him.

Granderson 's last year with the Tigers he hit .249 and had 140 K's.

Granderson was not a great hitter in Detroit, in the seasons he played an ample amount, he hit .260, .302, .280 and .249 .... with 174, 141, 111, and 141 K's in those years.

This year, while he was talked about being a MVP, he only hit .262 and had 169 K's NOT MVP numbers in MY book.

Jackson hit .249 and had 181 K's.

So, Granderson is STILL striking out just as much as he did in Detroit and not hitting any better.

Yes he is but he is driving in a ton of runs and all of his numbers blow Jacksons away..I never said he was great, but he is a better hitter. I dont care about the pitchers. I am talking about a leadoff guy who shouldnt be a leadoff guy. I was also giving my opinion on how he looks lost in this spotlight..I figured you would be here apologizing for him, but I was making a point about Jackson, compared to Granderson..
Of course I think the hitting coach we have sucks, but Theres that Leyland Loyalty. Thanks for the stats though:popcorn

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Yes he is but he is driving in a ton of runs and all of his numbers blow Jacksons away..I never said he was great, but he is a better hitter. I dont care about the pitchers. I am talking about a leadoff guy who shouldnt be a leadoff guy. I was also giving my opinion on how he looks lost in this spotlight..I figured you would be here apologizing for him, but I was making a point about Jackson, compared to Granderson..
Of course I think the hitting coach we have sucks, but Theres that Leyland Loyalty. Thanks for the stats though:popcorn

I'm not apologizing for Jackson at all, he stinks at the plate, he's a super defender, but can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag.

That said, when Granderson was here, he wasn't much better, how you can compare someone thats been playing for 5 years vs someone in his second year is beyond me thou.
Now if Jackson bounces back next year to hit the way he did his first year, maybe he can make a name for himself, but right now I don't see it....
Then again, I never thought that Avilla would hit after watching him all last year either.

Last edited:

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
On the Negative side of things, the Tigers have lost a whole outfield now, Brennan Boesch has been out for awhile, Delmon Young is OUT for the series and now it'sbeen reported that Magglio is done for the year. (ankle of course).

Happy Halloween Everyone!

ESPN's special called "unguarded"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts