2011 MLB Playoffs

Anybody buy the story LaRussa was spinning about the bullpen TWICE not hearing what he was saying on the phone? I don't.

Nope ... phone doesn't work ?
They heard the first guys name OK.

If they are having trouble with the phone, wouldn't you send someone down to the pen to make sure what was wanted got done ?

Nope ... phone doesn't work ?
They heard the first guys name OK.

If they are having trouble with the phone, wouldn't you send someone down to the pen to make sure what was wanted got done ?

Former Atlanta Braves'/Baltimore Orioles' pitching coach Leo Mazzone on ESPN's OTL said that Atlanta manager Bobby Cox told him that when he called the bullpen,the bullpen coach had to repeat back to him his instructions.The bullpen coach also had to sit by the phone & he was the only one who could answer it.

Honestly I got tired & went to sleep before the fireworks really got started in the bottom of the 8th inning. I wish I could of stayed up to hear what Joe Buck & Tim McCarver had to say about the bullpen fiasco as it was occurring in real time.

Wednesday- 2011 World Series- Game 6

Rangers (Lewis) at Cardinals (Garcia)- 8:05pm ET (FOX) Rangers lead series 3-2

Honestly I got tired & went to sleep before the fireworks really got started in the bottom of the 8th inning. I wish I could of stayed up to hear what Joe Buck & Tim McCarver had to say about the bullpen fiasco as it was occurring in real time.

Hmm, thats what your DVR is for !

That is why it is better to live on the West coast.

True dat!!!

For a transplanted New Yorker/New Jerseyer, it was so strange at first when I lived in LA. Most of the games in the whole country ending by 7-8 PM, important games starting at 5PM local time, waking up and watching the NFL at 10AM on Sunday (although without Sunday Ticket at the time...was I REALLY watching the NFL? ;)), absolutely no sports on after 10PM or so...took some time getting used to.

But you do get used to it!

Sandra

Last edited:
Game 6 postponed until Thursday night
BY RICK HUMMEL STLtoday.com | Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:23 pm | (5) Comments

Workers roll up a tarp on the infield at Busch Stadium Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011, in St. Louis, after officials announced that Game 6 of baseball's World Series is postponed due to rain. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)
Tonight's Game 6 of the World Series has been postponed until Thursday night at Busch Stadium due to the forecast for rainfall through the remainder of the afternoon and night.Game time will be 7:05 p.m. on Thursday for Game 6, with Game 6 tickets good for that day.If there is a Game 7, it will be played Friday at 7:05 at Busch Stadium, with Game 7 tickets good for that game.Major League Baseball made the decision to postpone the game at about 2:15 p.m. today.Tonight's scheduled pitchers, Jaime Garcia of the Cardinals and Colby Lewis for Texas, are expected to work on Thursday as the Rangers, ahead three games to two, try to wrap up their first World Series title.An extra day before a potential Game 7 could mean that Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter would be available to start that game on three days' rest.The first start of his career on three days' rest, in Game 2 of the National League division series in Philadelphia, did not go well. Carpenter was pinch hit for in the fourth, having given up four runs in three innings.
UPDATED FORECASTS
Thursday will be a drier day, according to the National Weather Service. It should be cloudy early Thursday morning, then clearing with a high in the mid 50s. Thursday night will be mostly clear with a low in the mid 30s.On Friday, meteorologists say it should be in the upper 50s during the day and mostly sunny with a light wind. By Friday night, temperatures should drop into the mid 30s, and skies should be mostly clear..Read more Game 6 postponed until Thursday night

The statistics for pitching on short rest scream "no".....

I'd start a proven big game pitcher like Carpenter on three days rest. It's all hands on deck anyway, so you might as well have your best starting the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts