2011 MLB Playoffs

This kid Moore looks very good for Tampa this afternoon.

Man, can the Rays produce quality starting pitching or what?

More often than not it is the hottest team that moves on, not the best team. I would not be surprised if we see a Rays and Cards WS

Both teams seem to have some magic behind them

I don't think there's any question that the pressure is on Detroit tonight, with Verlander on the mound.

Not so....
Verlander has pitched in PLENTY of Big games, he'll be fine.
24 Wins, a no hitter this year and about 3 others that he went deep into the game with.

I think the pressure is on Sabathia.

Not so....
Verlander has pitched in PLENTY of Big games, he'll be fine.
24 Wins, a no hitter this year and about 3 others that he went deep into the game with.

I think the pressure is on Sabathia.

HUH?? :confused:

Of course Verlander will be fine, he's the best pitcher in baseball. What I mean is, the pressure is on the Tigers to win BECAUSE Verlander is pitching.

Gotcha.

You don't think theres pressure on the yanks to beat Verlander ?

Of course there's pressure, but there's more pressure on the Tigers to win when Verlander is pitching. No offense Jimbo, but I see this as a no-brainer. ;)

Fister has been nothing short of phenomenal for the Tigers, but Verlander is far and away the Tigers best pitcher (IMO, JV is the best pitcher in baseball). When someone as good as Verlander takes the mound in the playoffs, it's almost a must win, IMO.

The son of father that died when he fell reaching for the ball thrown into the seats by Hamilton. There wasn't a dry eye in the stadium

[video]http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19793183&tcid=fb_MLB_19793183&c_id=mlb[/video]

Last edited:
I think it will be Phillies over the Yankees in 7 games. As far as the Rays go, I didnt think Moore would be this good considering its his,what, 2nd start? The Rays have awesome pitching but they might run out of gas. Its not happening tonight, though.

As far as the Tigers, I think its Verlander and the two other pitchers. What I mean is Verlander is head and shoulders above the rest but I dont think Porcello and Fister are in Verlanders class. I mean look at the Phillies. Lee, Hamels, Halladay, Oswalt. To me they are all equal as far as pitching goes. I dont see that with the Tigers. Verlander is so good that most of the time, you dont sweat his starts which is a good thing. As far as Porcello and Fister, would you have the same confidence in them that you have in Verlander?

I think it will be Phillies over the Yankees in 7 games. As far as the Rays go, I didnt think Moore would be this good considering its his,what, 2nd start? The Rays have awesome pitching but they might run out of gas. Its not happening tonight, though.

As far as the Tigers, I think its Verlander and the two other pitchers. What I mean is Verlander is head and shoulders above the rest but I dont think Porcello and Fister are in Verlanders class. I mean look at the Phillies. Lee, Hamels, Halladay, Oswalt. To me they are all equal as far as pitching goes. I dont see that with the Tigers. Verlander is so good that most of the time, you dont sweat his starts which is a good thing. As far as Porcello and Fister, would you have the same confidence in them that you have in Verlander?

Of Course not, but not every team can throw out a staff like the Phillies ...

I think Verlander and Fister will do fine, after that, who knows, but you can say that about alot of staffs.
Other than the Phillies, I'm not sure if anyone has a lock 3 and 4 starters.

Of course there's pressure, but there's more pressure on the Tigers to win when Verlander is pitching. No offense Jimbo, but I see this as a no-brainer. ;)

Fister has been nothing short of phenomenal for the Tigers, but Verlander is far and away the Tigers best pitcher (IMO, JV is the best pitcher in baseball). When someone as good as Verlander takes the mound in the playoffs, it's almost a must win, IMO.

This may come down to what can pitchers 2-3-4 can do for each team.

Looking at the radar it shows only a few small cells around the area. Just happens one of those cells is sitting right over Yankee Stadium. There is a solid band of steadier rain moving up from the south. It looks like once this hits, it will be raining for a while

I would say that this is another reason why it is better to play on the west coast, but it is currently raining here as well. It is supposed to rain here for the next couple of days and more rain midweek with our first mountain snow (yeah...Ski season starting soon)

Looking at the radar it shows only a few small cells around the area. Just happens one of those cells is sitting right over Yankee Stadium. There is a solid band of steadier rain moving up from the south. It looks like once this hits, it will be raining for a while

I would say that this is another reason why it is better to play on the west coast, but it is currently raining here as well. It is supposed to rain here for the next couple of days and more rain midweek with our first mountain snow (yeah...Ski season starting soon)

With your explanation above, what was your statement about it being better to play on the west coast ? :D

With your explanation above, what was your statement about it being better to play on the west coast ? :D
It rains less here this time of the year. All of our rain falls between late fall and early springs with most falling late winter. It literally seldom rains here during the summer

I didn't recognize that Rangers team today....

I thought the pregame first pitch with the kid and Josh Hamilton was awesome. I know Hamilton still feels so bad about what happened....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)