2011 MLB Playoffs

I new stadium and a WS win might change that. The Marlins have finally got their stadium. In their 1st year in the league...they drew over 3 million in 1993 while averaging only 37,000 fans. The new stadium will hold around 38,000 and with a new manager and hopefully a big name or two added...they will compete next year for the playoffs.
It won't happen. They made a mistake having the team in that area.

It won't happen. They made a mistake having the team in that area.

At 1st, I thought so too about having a team in the area, but you would be surprised how much winning comes a long way. Truth be told, the Tampa/St. Pete area needed the stadium WAY before the Miami area did.

But this convo is for another thread. GO Brew Crew and GO Rays!

At 1st, I thought so too about having a team in the area, but you would be surprised how much winning comes a long way. Truth be told, the Tampa/St. Pete area needed the stadium WAY before the Miami area did.

But this convo is for another thread. GO Brew Crew and GO Rays!

They went to the World Series and the fans didn't show up the following year.

I can't blame the Red Sox flop on injuries. Their three main starters, Lester, Becket and Lackey, were all healthy but failed. Their super closing duo, Papelbon and Bard, was healthy and failed. Saltalamacchia got blown away in every big at bat, Reddick became the .200 hitter that he was, and how can you blame JD Drew's injury for contributing to anything when he hits 230 with no power when healthy? Crawford was healthy but sucked. All they lost to injury was their fourth and fifth starters, and a few games by their third baseman.

This might be an excuse but it seems like maybe the locker room maybe to blame. I think Crawford stunk and it seemed like Lackey was a sourpuss a lot of the time. One player can bring a locker room down.

I hate Dan Shaughnessy for many reasons. He called the Red Sox Collapse the biggest choke is history. Hardly. When your team is healthy and you don't win, that's a choke. This Red Sox Team had many injuries. This is not the team that we watched play good in the summer. What needs to be addressed is how they keep the team injury free in September. That's the problem they've had in the last few years.

I'm certainly no fan of the sardonic Shaughnessy, but there is NO excuse to blow a 9 game lead with that number of games left! NONE!!!

The following year, they lost a few good players to free agency, trades and so forth, if I am not mistaken. The team, in the eyes of many was left for dead with an improving Orioles and and Blue Jays team.

Huh? You're going to have to quantify that for us. I don't remember the Rays losing anyone significant from their world series year to the next year.

Educate us.

Sandra

Hottest team will win. It will be about pitching and defense. This is why these games will be exciting to watch. You may say that the Yankees are at the bottom of being favorite since they lack pitching besided CC. The problem has been that they have been written off so many times because of this. Biggest upset will be to have the phils taken down.Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys
Not saying it is going to happen but the Cardinals won 6 of 9 games vs the Phillies this year and they are hot!

Saturday's Schedule:

Game 1- Arizona at Milwaukee- 2:07pm ET (TBS)
Game 1- St. Louis at Philadelphia- 5:07pm ET (TBS)
Game 2- Tampa Bay at Texas- 7:07pm ET (TNT)
Game 2- Detroit at New York- 8:37pm ET (TBS)

Sunday's Schedule:

Game 2- Arizona at Milwaukee- 4:37pm ET (TBS)
Game 2- St. Louis at Philadelphia- 8:00pm ET (TBS)

Monday's Schedule:

Game 3- Texas at Tampa Bay- 5:07pm ET (TBS)
Game 3- New York at Detroit- 8:37pm ET (TBS)

Last edited:
Two games on at the same time on Saturday. I would probably like to watch the TB and Texas game over the Detroit and NY game. Of course I will be flipping back and forth and I will have one game on my iPad and the other on the TV at the same time

Two games on at the same time on Saturday. I would probably like to watch the TB and Texas game over the Detroit and NY game. Of course I will be flipping back and forth and I will have one game on my iPad and the other on the TV at the same time

Yeah, that's why I hoping for the Diamondbacks to get homefield.

As it is, if neither ALDS ends in a sweep, we'll have a quadrupleheader next Tuesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts