2011 MLB Playoffs

If Texas beats out the Tigers for the #2 seed, I can see the start times being 6:00 and 9:30.

The next day (Saturday) will be the most interesting. I read somewhere that TBS wants to televise all four games in a row (if a game runs over the allotted 3.5 hour window, the next game would start on TNT).

That Saturday could look something like this:
NLDS- @ Philly-12:30pm ET
ALDS- @ Detroit- 4:00pm ET
ALDS- @ NYY- 7:30pm ET
NLDS- @ Arizona- 11:00pm ET

Bill,
As it turns out the yankees play the Tigers ...
This will be the Prime time game all along as the yankees always are.
Mshaw, you can scratch this series off the list of ones being on tbs.

Friday at 8 pm and I would imagine Saturday as well.

This is gonna be a tough weekend, Tigers at 8pm on Saturday and a HUGE Big Ten game Wisconsin and Nebraska also at 8. This one the first ever ....

This will be Remote Overload.

Wow I am shocked at the comeback by the Rays last night. When I went to bed, they were losing 7-0 and Boston was in a rain delay winning 3-2.

OK, so how many people are hoping karma comes into play, and we see the Cards beat the Phillies in the NLDS, and the Rays beat the Yankees in the ALCS?

Sandra

Well, personally, I wasn't talking about the players, I was talking about the fans.

Sandra

I know...and I somewhat agree with you. But the players deserve the praise. Remember, ALOT of fan booked the moment the 7th inning ended and they were down 7-0. Hell, I changed it to watch the Bartmann documentary. There was still quite a few folks there.

I am wondering what all the elist MLB baseball purist think NOW about the "wildcard"?
I wasn't a fan of it when it first start, but each year I have grown to like it. This year was just the icing on the cake. The most exiting pennant race in history ends with both WC races on the last day in dramatic fashion (3 of 4 of the deciding games were come from behind last/extra innings).

I know...and I somewhat agree with you. But the players deserve the praise. Remember, ALOT of fan booked the moment the 7th inning ended and they were down 7-0. Hell, I changed it to watch the Bartmann documentary. There was still quite a few folks there.

All props to the players, for what they accomplished...

But putting players aside, I'm talking about games at Fenway being infinitely more fun to watch, because of the atmosphere, than games at that ugly dome. That place is just depressing.

That's what I was referring to.

Sandra

All props to the players, for what they accomplished...

But putting players aside, I'm talking about games at Fenway being infinitely more fun to watch, because of the atmosphere, than games at that ugly dome. That place is just depressing.

That's what I was referring to.

Sandra

My apologies then.:eek: I totally agree about the pasta drainer disguised as a stadium. That place is BEYOND depressing. Another place that deserves a legitimate baseball stadium is the Tampa/St. Pete area. Who knows, maybe a long playoff run might trigger something. But the state is tapped out now. And it's too damn bad.

My apologies then.:eek: I totally agree about the pasta drainer disguised as a stadium. That place is BEYOND depressing. Another place that deserves a legitimate baseball stadium is the Tampa/St. Pete area. Who knows, maybe a long playoff run might trigger something. But the state is tapped out now. And it's too damn bad.

The fans need to show up for games. Sell the place out . But it won't happen. They don't have a strong fan base in that area.

I hate Dan Shaughnessy for many reasons. He called the Red Sox Collapse the biggest choke is history. Hardly. When your team is healthy and you don't win, that's a choke. This Red Sox Team had many injuries. This is not the team that we watched play good in the summer. What needs to be addressed is how they keep the team injury free in September. That's the problem they've had in the last few years.

The fans need to show up for games. Sell the place out . But it won't happen. They don't have a strong fan base in that area.

I new stadium and a WS win might change that. The Marlins have finally got their stadium. In their 1st year in the league...they drew over 3 million in 1993 while averaging only 37,000 fans. The new stadium will hold around 38,000 and with a new manager and hopefully a big name or two added...they will compete next year for the playoffs.

I hate Dan Shaughnessy for many reasons. He called the Red Sox Collapse the biggest choke is history. Hardly. When your team is healthy and you don't win, that's a choke. This Red Sox Team had many injuries. This is not the team that we watched play good in the summer. What needs to be addressed is how they keep the team injury free in September. That's the problem they've had in the last few years.

At 162 games, keeping ANY team almost injury free is impossible. They need to shore up that farm system with kids ready to go incase this happens again. ESPECIALLY in the pitching department.

Good for the Rays players and Joe Maddon, but I am with Sandra- the Rays dome is an eyesore and the low attendance/empty seats make me cringe sometimes.

Hottest team will win. It will be about pitching and defense. This is why these games will be exciting to watch. You may say that the Yankees are at the bottom of being favorite since they lack pitching besided CC. The problem has been that they have been written off so many times because of this. Biggest upset will be to have the phils taken down.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

At 162 games, keeping ANY team almost injury free is impossible. They need to shore up that farm system with kids ready to go incase this happens again. ESPECIALLY in the pitching department.
It's more of issue of coming out of spring training. The Red Sox need a new conditioning coach. But I always look at what happens as a good thing. It's motivation for next year. After the Yankees choked in 2004 it helped them. The Red Sox will be fine. I for one want some different teams in the World Series. It would be good for baseball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)