2011 MLB Playoffs

The Phillies may actually rue the day that they helped the Cardinals get in the playoffs. I believe the Cards were the only NL team with a winning record against Philly.

I HONESTLY didn't believe this when I typed it! :eek:

But congrats to an incredibly resilient Cardinals team!!

The Phillies have to be devastated after the season they had.

The NLCS is a rematch of the 1982 World Series. It's Budweiser vs. Miller- Sud Series II

Furcal was a good pickup by the Cards. They may not be where they are at without him.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Was surprised to see the Cardinals take out the Phillies.... Cliff Lee won't be returning to the World Series any time soon....

Saturday- American League Championsip Series- Game 1

Tigers (Verlander) at Rangers (Wilson)- 8:05pm ET (FOX)

What did you guys think of the fact that the Cards were celebrating and Ryan Howard was hurt. That was a little bit odd. Both great games today. Brewers fighting back and the Cards outpitching the Phillies. My Phillies/Yankees World Series is out the window.

We have four possible World Champions for 2011......two of them (Brewers and Rangers) have never won it, and the Tigers haven't won it since 1984.

What did you guys think of the fact that the Cards were celebrating and Ryan Howard was hurt. That was a little bit odd. Both great games today. Brewers fighting back and the Cards outpitching the Phillies. My Phillies/Yankees World Series is out the window.

what are you saying? it happen right away, Cards had no idea what was going on. should thet have got on there knees and prayed?? still sore from 06??:)

WOW, I did not expect Philadelphia to be eliminated. Im a little relieved because I did not want to see the Tigers have to play Philadelphia and face Cliff Lee.

As far as National League Teams, I was hoping to see the Diamond Backs make it as I have been looking for an excuse to visit Arizona. St. Louis is also on my list of cities I need to visit. However I do not care to see a rematch of the 2006 World Series and I would much rather see the Brewers make it.

No comments on Nyer Morgans 2 1/2 "F" bombs? Maybe I can't get into his head after winning a championship, but jeez. He knew the name of the girl interviewing him, he saw a camera and a mic labled "TNT". Could he not have saved his foul mouth for the dugout with his buddies. What a class-less act!

Of course, Fox Sports reporter says it's "almost forgivable". I'm sorry, but it is not forgivable. Not for Nyer and not for TNT. I realize they aren't held to the same standards as an OTA station, but they certainly have a responsibility to keep it clean.

Well, it looks like I have tickets for the Detroit-Texas game 4 or 5. :) However, I just don't know if I can find the time to travel back to the area with a potential World Series and the Michigan-Nebraska game on the horizon. Stupid work is interfering with my playtime. :(

No comments on Nyer Morgans 2 1/2 "F" bombs? Maybe I can't get into his head after winning a championship, but jeez. He knew the name of the girl interviewing him, he saw a camera and a mic labled "TNT". Could he not have saved his foul mouth for the dugout with his buddies. What a class-less act!

Of course, Fox Sports reporter says it's "almost forgivable". I'm sorry, but it is not forgivable. Not for Nyer and not for TNT. I realize they aren't held to the same standards as an OTA station, but they certainly have a responsibility to keep it clean.
When a reporter shoves a mic in the face of a player immediately after an exciting, emotional finish, especially a player prone to saying off-the-wall stuff, it just has to be expected....

NO IT DOESN'T ....

I agree. I heard Morgan toss-out the F-bombs and thought he came across as a complete idiot. I can see him using an F-bomb if a mic was stuck in his face during the middle of an MMA fight or picked-up after a fast-ball was thrown at his head, but I've never heard someone "celebrate" an LCS/WS victory by using foul language while on on or off camera. Again, what a jerk!

mikew said:

Great post. He is an idiot. That guy is the perfect example of a dumb jock. I really like that Brewers team except for him.

When a reporter shoves a mic in the face of a player immediately after an exciting, emotional finish, especially a player prone to saying off-the-wall stuff, it just has to be expected....
He can still act a little more professionally. He is still able to make a distinction between live TV and the locker room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)