2011 SEC Football (Home of 7 of 13 BCS Championships including the last 5)

Honestly I just don't see how you can put Alabama in the national championship game. They lose their biggest game of the season...AT HOME...then play Mississippi State, Georgia Southerna and a bad Auburn team. No conference championship game, so they cannot lose it...then they go the National Championship game?

I don't think that resume works.

Sandra

Honestly I just don't see how you can put Alabama in the national championship game. They lose their biggest game of the season...AT HOME...then play Mississippi State, Georgia Southerna and a bad Auburn team. No conference championship game, so they cannot lose it...then they go the National Championship game?

Sandra

What if LSU loses to Arkansas? Then what?

SandraC said:

Sandra

If they are the #2 team in the BCS polls than they deserve to play in the NC game.

Maybe just maybe after this they implement a playoff system so everyone has a chance, until then they are just following the system that is out there.

Sent from my Galaxy using SatelliteGuys

I honestly do not see how one can make a legitimate argument for one of the other one loss teams over Bama (assuming Bama and LSU win out). What team has a "better" loss than them that would justify putting them in over Bama?

Arkansas? (this one will sort itself out this week, so ill pass)
Stanford? They got handled by the same Oregon team that LSU handled.
Ok State? They lost to an unranked Iowa State
Va Tech? Lost to Clemson, and they were just exposed
Boise St? They did beat Georgia for a quality win, but the rest of the schedule is pretty bad.

And then the unbeaten Houston. A far worse schedule than Boise, they most likely shouldnt be in the top ten.

I know we are not going to jump a 2 loss team up.

Then you have Bama, who only lost to the undefeated and number one team in the nation, in overtime, by a field goal. (yes it was at home).
I say it is no stretch at all to say that they are darn near identically evenly matched, and the best two teams in the nation.

Ramy said:
What if LSU loses to Arkansas? Then what?

LSU would be #1 and Alabama would be #2 if they win out.

I heard this morning LSU could even lose the SEC championship and still play Alabama for the NC.

LSU would be #1 and Alabama would be #2 if they win out.

I heard this morning LSU could even lose the SEC championship and still play Alabama for the NC.

I dont think LSU holds the top spot if they lose. The could still stay in the NCG discussion though, as I dont see them dropping below number 3, and they still have the SEC game to boost them back in.

I dont think LSU holds the top spot if they lose. The could still stay in the NCG discussion though, as I dont see them dropping below number 3, and they still have the SEC game to boost them back in.

So then Alabama moves to #1 and Arkansas #2? Who wins the West in the SEC then?

msmith198025 said:

it would be a tie between all three, and since Alabama beat Arkansas they pass them and since LSU beat Alabama they pass them.

That's what they were saying on mike and mike this morning.

it would be a tie between all three, and since Alabama beat Arkansas they pass them and since LSU beat Alabama they pass them.

But then Arkansas would have beat LSU? if that happens of course

msmith198025 said:

If they lose the SEC championship with a loss to Arkansas than they might drop to two but they would still be in the NC discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)