2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
The Eastern Conference first round matchups are all set:

Capitals vs. Rangers
Flyers vs. Sabres
Bruins vs. Canadiens
Penguins vs. Lightning

The Western Conference has three matchups determined:

Sharks vs. Kings
Red Wings vs. Coyotes
Ducks vs. Predators

The top seeded Canucks won't know their opponent (either Stars or Blackhawks) until after tonight's Dallas-Minnesota game (6:00pm ET NHLN).

The schedules will be announced later tonight.

This is the first time ever that all three California teams have qualified for the playoffs.

The schedule announcement show will be tonight at 10:00pm ET on NHLN.

Four series start Wednesday night, and the other four Thursday night. I know the Canadiens-Bruins series won't start until Thursday night (the Celtics play in the Garden Wed. night).

I'm predicting a Detroit-Washington final, with the Caps taking home their first ever Stanley Cup.

Wednesday night there are five Game 1's:

Phoenix at Detroit- 7:00pm ET (Versus)
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh- 7:00pm ET
NY Rangers at Washington- 7:30pm ET (JIP on Versus)
Chicago at Vancouver- 10:00pm ET (Versus)
Nashville at Anaheim- 10:30pm ET

Thursday night the other three series get underway:

Montreal at Boston- 7:00p ET (Versus)
Buffalo at Philadelphia- 7:30pm ET (JIP on Versus)
Los Angles at San Jose- 10:00pm ET (Versus)

I hope my pens do well but I don't see them getting to far past the first round.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

Let's Go Rangers!!!

So crazy how they found their way into the playoffs. Three games left in the season, they control their own destiny...win three and they're in...all at home.

Amazing comeback against Boston Monday night, down 3-1 going into the third, they score one early in the period and three late, and win 5-3.

Thursday night they play a stinker against Atlanta and while the score is close they're never really in the game. Ugly...and now Carolina controls their destiny and the Rangers need help.

Friday night Carolina beats that same Atlanta team 6-1. And it wasn't that close...what the heck. Now the Rangers have to beat the Devils Saturday afternoon, and hope Tampa can go to Carolina and beat the Hurricanes Saturday night.

The Rangers hold serve, but it wasn't easy. A crappy season for the Devils can be helped to some extent by knocking the Rangers out of the playoffs. At the Garden. The Debbies lead 2-1 after one, but the Rangers take over and win going away.

But nobody is optimistic about Saturday night because the Canes are on an unbeleivable streak. But guess what...the Lightning go into Raleigh and thump the Canes...the Rangers are in!!!!!!

Win or lose the playoffs will be a great experience for such a young team.

Sandra

In round 1, I have the Canucks, Sharks, Coyotes, and Ducks winning in the West. Out East, I like the Caps, Flyers, Bruins, and Lightning to win and advance.

Wednesday's Playoff Schedule

Phoenix at Detroit- Game 1- 7:00pm ET (Versus)
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh- Game 1- 7:00pm ET
NY Rangers at Washington- Game 1- 7:30pm ET (JIP at approx 9:30 on Versus)
Chicago at Vancouver- Game 1- 10:00pm ET (Versus)
Nashville at Anaheim- Game 1- 10:30pm ET

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts