2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Saturday's Playoff Schedule

Phoenix at Detroit- 1:00pm ET (NBC)- Red Wings lead series 1-0

Buffalo at Philadelphia- 5:00pm ET- Sabres lead series 1-0

Montreal at Boston- 7:00pm ET (Versus)- Canadiens lead series 1-0

Los Angeles at San Jose- 10:00pm ET (Versus)- Sharks lead series 1-0

Great game last night between the Canucks and Blackhawks (just finished watching the 2nd and 3rd periods I recorded last). Chicago has a lot of work to do if they are going to avoid taking up golf for the summer.

I have the Wings-Coyotes, Canadiens-Bruins and Sharks-Kings game in the record queue, but I can't find the Flyers-Sabres game in the lineup (crappy NHL Network).

Buffalo and Philly are on WHAT station ?
According to a Buffalo newspaper, they will be on the MSG Network. I can only assume they will also be broadcast on Comcast Sports for those in the Philadelphia area. Still...this should be a great game and it sucks for those of us (basically every man, woman and child living in North America) who enjoy hockey.

According to a Buffalo newspaper, they will be on the MSG Network. I can only assume they will also be broadcast on Comcast Sports for those in the Philadelphia area. Still...this should be a great game and it sucks for those of us (basically every man, woman and child living in North America) who enjoy hockey.

I agree, These are THE NHL PLAYOFFS and they are not all on a Network that can be seen Nationwide ?

I'm spending the weekend studying and would appreciate if this game were playing in the background. Hmmm. To be honest, I think the game may be covered nationally by the No Hockey Live Network.

NHL "On the Fly"will have breakin's I'm sure, still stupid that it can't be shown SOMEWHERE outside of the local market.

Bruins in serious danger going north of the border down 2 games to nil!

BTW, I agree with you guys, how can the NHL have a playoff game alone in a time slot and NOT televise it nationally? :confused:

If Versus or NHLN was too cheap to use their own production, they could have used the Sabres or Flyers feed.

Sunday's Playoff Schedule

Washington at NY Rangers- 3:00pm ET (NBC)- Capitals lead series 2-0

Anaheim at Nashville- 6:00pm ET- Series tied 1-1

Vancouver at Chicago- 8:00pm ET (Versus)- Canucks lead series 2-0

Sunday's Playoff Schedule

Washington at NY Rangers- 3:00pm ET (NBC)- Capitals lead series 2-0

Anaheim at Nashville- 6:00pm ET- Series tied 1-1

Vancouver at Chicago- 8:00pm ET (Versus)- Canucks lead series 2-0

Once again, a playoff game NOT shown where everyone has a chance to see it.... this is GREAT for exposure of the NHL in it's BEST time of the year.

Nashville / Anaheim is on TSN and thats it from the NHL site.

Once again, a playoff game NOT shown where everyone has a chance to see it.... this is GREAT for exposure of the NHL in it's BEST time of the year.

It's a disgrace, Jimbo.

I actually enjoy the NHL Playoffs more than the NBA Playoffs, BUT at least the NBA televises ALL their playoff games. The first round overflow not televised by ABC/ESPN or TNT gets televised by NBA-TV. Why can't the NHL have such an arrangement?

Another playoff game in a stand alone window not nationally televised! Incredible!! :rolleyes:

It's a disgrace, Jimbo.

I actually enjoy the NHL Playoffs more than the NBA Playoffs, BUT at least the NBA televises ALL their playoff games. The first round overflow not televised by ABC/ESPN or TNT gets televised by NBA-TV. Why can't the NHL have such an arrangement?

Is THIS the BEST Bettman can do with a TV contract ?
They REALLY need to get to a NATIONAL outlet for thier TV contract.
However, they won't be going to ESPN as the NBA is taking that time frame now and you KNOW they will stay there seeing the NHL would have no where else to go.

Jimbo said:
Thats typical, after all it's Sidney's team.

I don't understand why you think those are great, it's a Canadian station and the teams local feeds, nothing national. Plus Sid isn't even playing.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)