2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Because they don't have the rights to it. The game was available on Center Ice.

Sandra

I never realized that was the reason some of these games aren't televised. I'm sorry, but this is lame!

You don't have to be an NBA League Pass sub to have every playoff game available, why is the NHL any different?

The Bruins offensive attack has been pitiful in the 1st 2 games at best. The stupid frog Julien better play Seguin tonight instead of Ryder.

One blessing is if they lose this series, the Chiarelli/Julien reign should be over in Boston.

The Bruins offensive attack has been pitiful in the 1st 2 games at best. The stupid frog Julien better play Seguin tonight instead of Ryder.

One blessing is if they lose this series, the Chiarelli/Julien reign should be over in Boston.

Couldn't agree more!!

You don't lose back-to-back game 7's at home (the second one being the culmination of one of the biggest collapses in North American sports history), and then be a virtual no show the third year and then keep your job. Claude MUST GO!!!

SandraC said:
Because they don't have the rights to it. The game was available on Center Ice.

Sandra

I understand the contractual rights, but it's still not a good reason in my humble opinion. The NHL is party to all these broadcast agreements and they need to ensure the widest dissemination (i.e., national coverage) of all Stanley Cup Playoff games. NHL Center Ice is a perfect venue for regular season games...but not postseason coverage. It's time for Bettman and crew to rewrite some contacts.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I understand the contractual rights, but it's still not a good reason in my humble opinion. The NHL is party to all these broadcast agreements and they need to ensure the widest dissemination (i.e., national coverage) of all Stanley Cup Playoff games. NHL Center Ice is a perfect venue for regular season games...but not postseason coverage. It's time for Bettman and crew to rewrite some contacts.

You guys really need to stop being such cheapskates, and pony up for the NHL Center Ice package. You don't miss a thing in the regular season or playoffs!

Sandra

SandraC said:
You guys really need to stop being such cheapskates, and pony up for the NHL Center Ice package. You don't miss a thing in the regular season or playoffs!

Sandra
But cheapskate is my middle name and also how I played the game, "Man, did you see Riff play the other night...he was the cheapest skater on the ice. :D

Sandra

I’ve had NHL Center Ice for the last 4 seasons or so, as well as MLB Extra Innings and ESPN GamePlan. My cable bill is well over $300/month, I am no cheap skate, but it is just plain wrong that some playoff games require a season package. No other league does this. I can watch whatever NFL, NBA, MLB and probably MLS playoff game that I chose, no additional package necessary, it’s sucks you can’t do that with the NHL. Yet another idiotic move by NHL management to shun fans.

I’ve had NHL Center Ice for the last 4 seasons or so, as well as MLB Extra Innings and ESPN GamePlan. My cable bill is well over $300/month, I am no cheap skate, but it is just plain wrong that some playoff games require a season package. No other league does this. I can watch whatever NFL, NBA, MLB and probably MLS playoff game that I chose, no additional package necessary, it’s sucks you can’t do that with the NHL. Yet another idiotic move by NHL management to shun fans.

I don't disagree. We shell out for NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, and ESPN Full Court. Our monthly payment is the size of a small mortgage.

That said, take a look at the NBA schedule. The ridiculously spread out games so that all of them can be on TV. The first round is a joke...thank goodness the NHL doesn't do that.

Sandra

I don't disagree. We shell out for NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, and ESPN Full Court. Our monthly payment is the size of a small mortgage.

That said, take a look at the NBA schedule. The ridiculously spread out games so that all of them can be on TV. The first round is a joke...thank goodness the NHL doesn't do that.

Sandra

I agree that the NBA's schedule is ridiculous, but there's still no reason why Saturday's Sabres-Flyers game and Sunday's Ducks-Preds games couldn't have been nationally televised (especially since they were both stand alone games).

I have always hated the Red Wings having to play all these late-night games on the West Coast when they are an Eastern Timezone team. Unless I wake-up at 3am to watch a recording of tonight's game, it looks like I'll have to conduct business tomorrow with blinders on until I watch the game in the evening. If nothing else, the game should start at 10:00pm (instead of 10:30pm) so a number of fans could watch a period or two before getting some sleep.

Just my rant for today... :rant: :eek:

I have always hated the Red Wings having to play all these late-night games on the West Coast when they are an Eastern Timezone team. Unless I wake-up at 3am to watch a recording of tonight's game, it looks like I'll have to conduct business tomorrow with blinders on until I watch the game in the evening. If nothing else, the game should start at 10:00pm (instead of 10:30pm) so a number of fans could watch a period or two before getting some sleep.

Just my rant for today... :rant: :eek:

I agree entirely.

I don't get it...

...the White Out! To me, it's one of the goofiest things I have ever seen in sports. Doing the Wave, twirlin' the Terrible Towel, chuckin' an Octopi, dawning a Cheesehead...OK, I kinda get it. The White Out...not so much.

So what do you think about the WO - like it or hate it? Personally, I can't stand it.

...the White Out! To me, it's one of the goofiest things I have ever seen in sports. Doing the Wave, twirlin' the Terrible Towel, chuckin' an Octopi, dawning a Cheesehead...OK, I kinda get it. The White Out...not so much.

So what do you think about the WO - like it or hate it? Personally, I can't stand it.
Honestly, it hurts my eyes! :eek:

Tuesday's Playoff Schedule

Vancouver at Chicago- 8:00pm ET (Versus)- Canucks lead series 3-0

San Jose at Los Angeles- 10:30pm ET (Versus) - Series tied 1-1

Evidently the White Out was a worthless show of support by the fans as the Wings scored within the first few seconds of the game. Lol.

riffjim4069 said:

I don't understand why they do it when the team wears dark colors at home.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)