2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Up until the early 70s, home teams wore their dark jerseys and visitors, white. Then, the home/white, visitor/dark configuration lasted until the 2003 season when it reverted back again. It was during this home/white period that the 'white-out' craze started.

You DON'T need the CI package to get the Playoff games. Period.

You do need CI if you want to be guaranteed to watch each and every playoff game. Without CI you'll will miss games here and there. That was Bill's point...in the NBA you can watch each and every playoff game without League Pass.

Sandra

...the White Out! To me, it's one of the goofiest things I have ever seen in sports. Doing the Wave, twirlin' the Terrible Towel, chuckin' an Octopi, dawning a Cheesehead...OK, I kinda get it. The White Out...not so much.

So what do you think about the WO - like it or hate it? Personally, I can't stand it.

When they did it in Winnipeg, it was really cool.

You do need CI if you want to be guaranteed to watch each and every playoff game. Without CI you'll will miss games here and there. That was Bill's point...in the NBA you can watch each and every playoff game without League Pass.

Sandra

Well THAT is a FATAL FLAW then.

Just goes to show you the STUPIDITY of Bettman.

I'm not sure about members of the Blackhawk organization, but Bob was sure running his yap afterwards.

Oh, ya, Bob, what ever happened to Bob ?
He's sure gotten quiet .... well never hear from him if the Hawks go out in 5.

Yes, I remember all the bragging that the Wings were done and that Hockeytown was IN Chicago exc, exc .... and that the Hawks were the team that was goning to dominate for years to come ..... Iirc, the Hawks were LUCKY to MAKE the playoffs this year.

Interesting to see if the Canucks sweep the Blackhawks this evening...

Well. I give it to the Hawks. They aren't going away quietly. They absolutely murdered the Canucks 7-2 with 4 second period goals. Hard to imagine Luongo having such a miserable game when the series shifts back to Vancouver.

NHL to remain with NBC, Versus

Well THAT is a FATAL FLAW then.

Just goes to show you the STUPIDITY of Bettman.
I saw the press conference on the NHL Network yesterday...

Full Story

"The NHL is staying on NBC and Versus for the next 10 years with a deal commissioner Gary Bettman calls the most significant in league history.

In a joint announcement Tuesday, the NHL and the NBC Sports Group said the new deal will run through the 2020-21 season. The package is reportedly worth a total of $2 billion.

NBC will remain the exclusive network home for the NHL, and Versus is retaining the major cable rights. The NHL had drawn interest from ESPN, Turner and Fox Sports, but decided to stay where it has been for the past six years since the end of the season-long lockout.

"This is right across all factors, not the least of which is the tremendous relationship we have with NBC and Versus," Bettman said. "When we looked at the entire package and the relationship, it was clear we were going to stay with the incumbent.

"But it's nice to go out and find out you're pretty."

For the first time, all Stanley Cup playoff games will air on one of the NBC Sports Group's channels. Beginning in the second round and running through the finals, those channels will hold exclusivity. NBC will show up to five games of the Stanley Cup finals, with Versus airing Games 3 and 4.
The NBC Sports Group will televise 100 regular-season games per season, and NBC will have a new telecast the day after Thanksgiving in the new contract.

This deal would easily exceed the $120 million contract the NHL had with ESPN from 1999-2004.
"

Oh, I recall hearing the head of NBC Sports mentioning something that Versus will be renamed to "somethingNBC" in the near future.

Wow! San Jose came back from being down 4-0 to win in OT last night.

Absolutely stunning...a game for the ages. San Jose actually tied in in a frantic, furious second period, they went the third period without any scoring, and Setoguchi wins it on OT on a gorgeous pass from Patrick Marleau.

Amazing.

San Jose has always had a history of choking under pressure...can this be the game that changes all that?

Sandra

Are you a Season Ticket Holder?

Did I miss anything when I was gone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)